Corsair Community

Powering up the Hydro X system (first time)

QuaZar-Kid

Okay... my nerves are shot

I've got the entire loop completed and all I need to do is add XL5 fluid and go...

But I feel an extreme amount of anxiety

Can somebody with some experience hit me with the most common launch errors

before I do this...

:bigeyes:

one last must see youtube video

a punch list of check downs

anything I'm desperate

Edited by QuaZar-Kid

I see you are Seattle based. I am in Lynnwood. If you would like to do a leak test, I have the EK Leak tester. It just pressurizes your loop and you let it sit to see if you have any leaks. Kinda beats doing your first test with liquid. I would be happy to come buy and do this with you.

Awesome..!

Hey Ace I ran through all the fittings and plugs and filled her up and hit the power supply go button and it worked perfectly

really cool - so terrifying - now I'm exhaling

the tension was palpable

Lynnwood you say, are you a Boeing guy ..?

No, I am a computer guy who works in downtown seattle.

Awesome..!

Hey Ace I ran through all the fittings and plugs and filled her up and hit the power supply go button and it worked perfectly

really cool - so terrifying - now I'm exhaling

the tension was palpable

Lynnwood you say, are you a Boeing guy ..?

My wife and I commute together, so it's not too bad. Plus I am in at 7 and gone by 3.

I also see ya play guitar. I plick and pluck a bit myself.

Those are strong hours !

You miss the critical sh!t storm leaving at 6:15 am and heading home just befor it gets crazy...

Frequently I find myself on 405 or 5 at 4:30 pm and wondering why I live in such a place that would be like this

Side Note:

can you answer Corsair PSU questions ?

are you an "all-around" home computer geek - because that's my ultimate goal

its becoming such a fun hobby for me

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you had on any computer hardware. I have been in computers for over 30 years. I currently work on servers, so I am pretty well versed in all kinds of computer hardware.

I'd be happy to give you my number if you'd prefer texting. Or we can just stay here. Up to you. Ask anything you like man.

Rex

Those are strong hours !

You miss the critical ******** storm leaving at 6:15 am and heading home just befor it gets crazy...

Frequently I find myself on 405 or 5 at 4:30 pm and wondering why I live in such a place that would be like this

Side Note:

can you answer Corsair PSU questions ?

are you an "all-around" home computer geek - because that's my ultimate goal

its becoming such a fun hobby for me

Okay,

The RM850x is just a regular old PSU it seems

nice high quality but nothing unusual

Does it matter if my 24pin ATX cable has a fewer number of pins than the PSU chassis

Example

My fancy cablemod colored cable has the main 24pin ATX pin stack for the primary board power then it has the adjacent detachable 4 pin

but the RM850x has an adjacent 10 pin

can I stick the adjacent detachable 4 pin into the 10 pin slot ?

and if Yes - then which side do I align it too?

You need to remember that there are two ends to this cable. The motherboard end and the power supply end. The motherboard end is the 20+4pin and the other end splits off into two connectors that connects to the power supply.

If I misunderstood you I apologize.

I am going to PM you my cell number. And maybe if I have misunderstood you, you can just text me a pic.

Okay,

The RM850x is just a regular old PSU it seems

nice high quality but nothing unusual

Does it matter if my 24pin ATX cable has a fewer number of pins than the PSU chassis

Example

My fancy cablemod colored cable has the main 24pin ATX pin stack for the primary board power then it has the adjacent detachable 4 pin

but the RM850x has an adjacent 10 pin

can I stick the adjacent detachable 4 pin into the 10 pin slot ?

and if Yes - then which side do I align it too?