Corsair Community

Wallpaper engine and dark core mouse

Podbod

Hello,

Wallpaper engine correctly takes over my strafe rgb keyboard and mm800 mouse mat but my dark core se mouse just goes black.

Can anyone help me diagnose the issue? Is it supported for this and if not can it be added (and if not why?)?

I can provide more info and/or logs/Inis on request.

Cheers

Pod

Yeah I've read that (although I read it was for latency issues).

If that is the case then it should keep its normal profile lighting or at the very worst default to the hw profiles.

Ideally icue could just assign an average colour when wall paper engine changes the wallpaper.

Turning off all the lights is the worst option.

Still, im hopeful its just a bug in the more recent versions of icue. I seem to recall that at one on point it didn't do this and did maintain the selected profiles lighting.

Pod

The only application I've been able to get Dark Core RGB lighting from is Far Cry 5. Initially the mouse did not light up but after an (unknown) update to the game, firmware, iCue, or combination of the updates I do get RGB lighting / events in game.

I haven't seen any other software change the lighting on the Dark Core but it's definitely possible. Corsair should update iCue / SDK to allow for full lighting like the other mice have. Let me decide on how to manage my battery usage.

This issue is definitely my biggest complaint about the Dark Core.

Corsair replied to my tech support ticket to explain the games use built in profiles to achieve their effects where as wallpaper engine uses the sdk. That's why the dark core works in div but not in WE.

They did say they'd talk to the dev team about it and I did mention that it would be way better if it kept the currently selected profile instead of going black.not sure if that info was passed along as well.

Fingers crossed.

Pod