Corsair Community

set a color for individual macro key when pressed?

BlueDevilSteve

Hi there, fairly straightforward question here.

I have multiple macros I have assigned to various keys on my keyboard. Sometimes I forget that I have one on, and this will be a problem in games...

Could someone tell me how to make whatever macro button I press, change to a different color so that I can easily see which macros are currently activated?

Thanks in advance,

BDS

**EDIT**

I'm using the latest release of iCUE

Go to the lighting tab and hit the "+" to add a new effect. Change it from spiral rainbow to a SOLID (presumably what you want) and choose a color. Hit the + bar under the light box twice to make a color rectangle. To the right of the color wheel there are two drop down menus (Start/Stop). Select "on key pressed" for both. Then use the normal CTRL + Left click to apply it to your specific macro key(s). Make sure the new effect is on the top of the list so is supersedes any other lighting patterns.

*When you first apply it, the key is going to turn that color. You probably want it to change on macro on. So to sync it up, you likely either need to activate the macro right before you apply the new color to the macro key (on/on) or after creating the effect, toggle the new color effect off in the left menu by clicking the color square, then activate the macro, then turn the effect back on. That should get you in step. You can make as many of these as you like.

Archived