Corsair Community

iCue Software Crashes

SaltyOx

The iCue software, after a recent update, started crashing constantly for me. It crashes on startup and often takes multiple attempts to manually run the software for it to finally stay open.

Logs attached that were exported from the iCue software (without the debug logging option turned on) as well as event viewer logs that are pertinent to the Corsair.Service.exe executable. The iCueLogs zip is what your software outputs and I included the iCueEvents.evtx file exported from the event viewer to show you the unhandled .NET exceptions that are crashing the application.

As someone that has developed professionally with the .NET framework for a number of years, you've got some code clean up to do...

iCueLogs.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Ugh worthless error codes that don't say anything.

Honestly, driver was probably installed wrong. I'd suggest performing an uninstall and then manually deleting the reg keys associated with iCUE (they're both listed in the CORSAIR folder in Current User and Local Machine).

Then, reinstall with all antivirus programs disabled temporarily to prevent false positives and I'd imagine it'd work normally then.

• 4 months later...

This software is worthless. Another example of bloated, inelegant, redundant coding that is so in its own way that it can't even run a mouse. Seriously, why does a mouse driver require half a gigabyte of hard drive space and hundreds of megabytes of RAM?

This is disgusting.

• 8 months later...
I have similar problem it's not starting with windows as it should and I have just done a full fresh install of Windows once I start icue then all lighting comes back but within 10 minutes of closing icue Icue will stop running again so I have to open it again to get running again I'm sick of this program been nothing but problems from day 1 BOSD from it awhile ago because of rubbish drivers still if you use driver verifier it says driver is doing something wrong with memory can't remember what now anyway its junk