Corsair Community

Rmx 850w ups?

Cannon190

Is it safe to use the simulated sine wave UPS (900w) with RMx 850w PSU? I only need the ups to provide power for a few minutes in case of power outage, so I can save my work and shut down my computer safely. If not, would the stepped sine wave UPS (900w) be safe then?

• Corsair Employee
Is it safe to use the simulated sine wave UPS (900w) with RMx 850w PSU? I only need the ups to provide power for a few minutes in case of power outage, so I can save my work and shut down my computer safely. If not, would the stepped sine wave UPS (900w) be safe then?

I've never had an issue running any "modern day" PSU off a simuulated sine-wave. I've personally used nothing but.

When I used to work TELECOM, we did have some voicemail server PSUs that would trip off when the PSU switched over, but that was 15 years ago. A lot has changed since then. :D

I've never had an issue running any "modern day" PSU off a simuulated sine-wave. I've personally used nothing but.

When I used to work TELECOM, we did have some voicemail server PSUs that would trip off when the PSU switched over, but that was 15 years ago. A lot has changed since then. :D

Well I'm glad to hear that, since pure sine wave are almost double the price here :D. Thank you!