Corsair Community

Fans keep freezing, RMA'd everything already once

scrtz

So a while ago I made a post about my Corsair fans freezing and it is still happening almost every day, not every day.

To get an idea here is a photo I made: https://imgur.com/HLfJUmy

As you can see on the picture 1 fan is working well and the others have barely a couple LED's working and sometimes the 1 or 2 working leds freeze aswell and sometimes they do show the set profile.

Most of the times only the 4th fan freezes after a boot and the other 3 are working.

I have 3x LL120 fan set with Lightning node and bought 1 solo LL120 fan.

Things I tried already:

- RMA'd the 3x LL120 fan set with lightning node

- RMA'd the 1x LL120 solo fan as it was the only fan freezing for a while

- XHCI is enabled in bios

- Changed the USB connector slot on MOBO

- Reset, restarted, reinstalled and updated (firmware) in iCue

- Changed all the PSU cables to sleeved ones from Cablemod

And this started happening since I built my computer with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Notable specs:

- Asus Maximus XI Hero

- i9 9900k

- Kingston HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3600mhz

Have you updated drivers for your motherboard?

I'm assuming you have everything set properly in iCUE? Could you try this instead? Go to your Lighting Effects, and on the left tab should be an option for Hardware Lighting. Set that to your desired effect and quit iCUE. Does that work?

Have you updated drivers for your motherboard?

I'm assuming you have everything set properly in iCUE? Could you try this instead? Go to your Lighting Effects, and on the left tab should be an option for Hardware Lighting. Set that to your desired effect and quit iCUE. Does that work?

Thanks for replying.

Yes I also updated to the latest BIOS version and drivers of my MOBO

iCue works perfectly, the problem is that they immediately freeze on boot, so it looks to be some kind of hardware problem because windows isn't loaded as soon when they freeze already.

Do you have the 4 x LL120 RGB connectors plugged in series into ports 1, 2, 3 and 4 on your RGB hub? Is your hub plugged into LED 1 on your NoPro? Is your hardware connected like below as per Zottty's RGB hardware FAQ?

Hardware FAQ: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

bKWClsZh.png

Yes, that aswell. Thanks for replying!

I'm going to try a couple different SATA cable setups because I think it's a power problem. When I DC the node SATA cable and reconnect it the LEDs work properly again. It's like they don't always get the correct power at startup and then they stop working and the only solution is disconnecting and reconnecting the SATA cable.

Archived