Corsair Community

MP600 1 TB is very slow!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try running Atto Disk Benchmark 4.01 and see what you get... I've noticed a lot of fluctuations in speeds and atto shows it clearly.

I tested with fan airflow directed to the SSD (38°C), the result is same

@Corsair Kevin I hope Corsair is working on a firmware repair.

AttoDiskBenchmark_1.jpg.6654256ff0359e91a62fdd50cc9d0350.jpg

AttoDiskBenchmark_2.jpg.2f9d80eb2839d258da2c3120f6b7e533.jpg

Edited by Istipisti

Where i can get my money back(JK)?

Only ~200mB at 100% used of the space of the drive...

LOL :D

EDIT: Next weekend im updateing MB Bios and testgin the system, before i update my sytem to use water...

So if any test or pic needs to be taken before that, then just ask..

1470459059_MP600CDMtest28.9_2019.thumb.jpg.d2690be475096bdf240cc9fc2d27b01c.jpg

Edited by Mummy

EDIT: Next weekend im updateing MB Bios and testgin the system, before i update my sytem to use water...

corsair reply: this is a regular thing as performance drop once the drive is filled

I think it's only an problem once we start to get 500 kB/s

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, I'm still trying to get the data from those affected. Thus far, I only have complete data from 3 users.

For the sake of brevity, it's imperative that anyone experiencing this issue share the information I've requested and any other pertinent information (at your discretion) so we can better determine if it's something like a bad batch or system configuration. I really want to see this issue resolved, for the sake of your happiness and simply to find resolution on a seemingly anomalous performance issue.

Hi everyone, I'm still trying to get the data from those affected. Thus far, I only have complete data from 3 users.

For the sake of brevity, it's imperative that anyone experiencing this issue share the information I've requested and any other pertinent information (at your discretion) so we can better determine if it's something like a bad batch or system configuration. I really want to see this issue resolved, for the sake of your happiness and simply to find resolution on a seemingly anomalous performance issue.

:sigh!:

I'm willing to mail you my drive to make tests

It has nothing to do with system configuration, I've tried 3 different computers same performance on all of them!

I've fixed it on my end now. Now both drives are getting the full write speed instead of just the one that was on the Chipset.

I can't tell you exactly what fixed it but here is what I did.

I've been having audio popping issues on all sound devices. Realtek onboard, and two external dacs.

In the process of trying to fix that issue. I formatted and when I installed windows I made sure the bios was set to UEFI only. Not UEFI + CSM.

I'm on the latest chipset drivers for the x570 (1.09.27.1033).

I'm switched off the ABBA bios to go back to what I knew worked (AB). I was getting random crashes with ABBA on the MSI board.

Here may be the most important part, not sure. I noticed huge DPC latency spikes. Switching off the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan to windows balanced got rid of most of the DPC latency spikes and crazy popping in audio. (I feel like it is still there but much more rare now)

I then read about turning off AMD Cool N Quiet. I did that to help with DPC latency.

I then switched to the AMD Ryzen High Performance power plan. That happens to be when I tested the SSD's again.

With most of the audio popping gone and the SSDs at full speed now. I really don't want to touch anything else.

I may be able to turn AMD Cool N Quiet back on but i'm not sure I want to.

Maybe the Link state power management has something to do with it? In power settings? Not sure.

TLDR: UEFI only when installing windows. Windows Balanced Power Plan, or Ryzen High Performance power plan. Newest x570 chipset drivers.

• Corsair Employee
:sigh!:

I'm willing to mail you my drive to make tests

It has nothing to do with system configuration, I've tried 3 different computers same performance on all of them!

What I'm doing right now just requires your serial number, so we can determine if there was a particular batch of units having performance issues. If you're willing, it would be very helpful to get that information.

If it were up to me, I'd love to test the unit on my test bench with the various X570 boards I have here. Alas, all I can do for right now is gather data. I understand it's frustrating, but I AM trying to find a resolution for you all.

And no, contrary to what some may believe, we're not just going to pin it on the user, or their system configurations, etc. We want to eliminate every possibility to narrow down the cause, especially if it's something on our end.

• Corsair Employee
For everyone experiencing performance issues with the MP600, at this point, I would highly suggest RMA'ing your units. Visit http://www.corsair.com/support and start a ticket. Please title your ticker "MP600 FORUM RMA" and also include this in the ticket notes as well. I personally want to see the issue resolved, and this is the fastest way to do so. This will allow us to receive the units, test them firsthand, and hopefully determine what the issue is.

I noticed the same issue today , write speed @ 1 Gbyte/s. Was running fine before.

After deleting DCS my free space went to 700GB, speed back to normal.

PCIE 4.0 doesn't seem that useful anymore now :(

3900x, Gigabyte X570 Master BIOS F7b, 2x16GB G.skill NEO 3600 16-19-19-19, Win10 1903, latest chipset drivers

MP600 1TB SN 19288290001285537BA EGFM 11.2

Used as OS Drive, first NVME (direct to CPU) slot, standard Corsair cooler, temps < 50C

I'm afraid it might be a 'hidden' feature but am hoping it's a FW Bug really.

Edited by billeman

• Corsair Employee
tbh I would rather just buy a new drive... as much as that sucks, I don't want the downtime associated with the RMA process.

I was really hoping it was a software/firmware issue.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Just request an advanced RMA. We'll send a unit to you before you send yours out.

• Corsair Employee
Do we get refund or new drive? And if new drive what chances that drive will be OK?

I've made the support staff AND the product manager VERY aware of this issue, and they have access to the tracker I've made, so I'm HOPING, and don't quote me on this, they'll do what they can to ensure it's from a completely different lot/batch.

As far as I'm aware, the chances of the new drive working exactly as advertised is very high. None of the many MP600 units I've tested, whether retail, engineering sample, etc., across multiple boards, have had any issues.

The big thing with getting your units in house is so we can test, whether that's by me personally or someone from our test team.

• Corsair Employee
I noticed the same issue today , write speed @ 1 Gbyte/s. Was running fine before.

After deleting DCS my free space went to 700GB, speed back to normal.

PCIE 4.0 doesn't seem that useful anymore now :(

3900x, Gigabyte X570 Master BIOS F7b, 2x16GB G.skill NEO 3600 16-19-19-19, Win10 1903, latest chipset drivers

MP600 1TB SN 19288290001285537BA EGFM 11.2

Used as OS Drive, first NVME (direct to CPU) slot, standard Corsair cooler, temps < 50C

I'm afraid it might be a 'hidden' feature but am hoping it's a FW Bug really.

Thanks for the info. Adding it to the tracker

Thanks Kevin for finally recognising the problem! (took almost a month)

last tickets I had with corsair

First one #2000831163 it was assigned to Roth Kim, he denied my RMA because "This is the nature of SSDs. As you fill it, its overall performance will decrease." and he ignored my after that

#2000833028 (I was ignored and it was marked solved by Corsair team Roth Kim)

I opened new ticket #2000864815 (MP600 FORUM RMA) I hope to get response on that ticket anytime soon

Again I'm really thankful to you for recognising the problem even though customer service denied it!

Sorry needed to use the time for fix my sister family cars to be safe at upcoming Finnish winter.

So mabe next weekend if i dont get time on weekdays.

Cheers Mummy

Force MP 600 500gig - Serial # 193582310001285400DF

On a Asus TUF x570 plus gaming wifi

32 gigs of Corsair vengance LPX

Not getting PCIE 4.0 speeds - Only getting 3279.2 read and 2522.4 write.

Everything is up to date on motherboard and running latest firmware on drive.

This is a new drive from Newegg, so should I be RMA it with NewEgg or corsair?

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Kevin for finally recognising the problem! (took almost a month)

last tickets I had with corsair

First one #2000831163 it was assigned to Roth Kim, he denied my RMA because "This is the nature of SSDs. As you fill it, its overall performance will decrease." and he ignored my after that

#2000833028 (I was ignored and it was marked solved by Corsair team Roth Kim)

I opened new ticket #2000864815 (MP600 FORUM RMA) I hope to get response on that ticket anytime soon

Again I'm really thankful to you for recognising the problem even though customer service denied it!

SSDs can and will take performance hits as capacities fill up, so that's not an entirely incorrect statement for Roth to have made. However, there are methods to mitigate the decrease in performance, and with the numbers you're sharing, it does seem to be an abnormal drop in the performance.

• Corsair Employee
Force MP 600 500gig - Serial # 193582310001285400DF

On a Asus TUF x570 plus gaming wifi

32 gigs of Corsair vengance LPX

Not getting PCIE 4.0 speeds - Only getting 3279.2 read and 2522.4 write.

Everything is up to date on motherboard and running latest firmware on drive.

This is a new drive from Newegg, so should I be RMA it with NewEgg or corsair?

According to your system specs, you're using the Ryzen 3400G, is this correct? If so, this APU doesn't support PCIe Gen 4, only Gen 3.

Additionally, if those are the sequential numbers you're sharing, the MP600's sequential write speed tops out around 2500MB/s even on PCIe Gen 4. The sequential write speed, however, is consistent with PCIe Gen 3 speeds.

Edited by Corsair Kevin

According to your system specs, you're using the Ryzen 3400G, is this correct? If so, this APU doesn't support PCIe Gen 4, only Gen 3.

Additionally, if those are the sequential numbers you're sharing, the MP600's sequential write speed tops out around 2500MB/s even on PCIe Gen 4. The sequential write speed, however, is consistent with PCIe Gen 3 speeds.

Thank you for your time and quick reply, I was not aware that the 3400g was only PCIE 3.0 compatible, your time is greatly appreciated.

Finally my Advanced RMA arrived

KpLzejb.jpg

I ran Crystal Disk Mark

while it's empty

kJuH7nU.png

after I Filled it 96% of the capacity

0JDZ0Uk.png

2nd test

O3sJbnT.png

the lowest write speed I got was 3900MB/s, Now this is an acceptable drop in the performance not getting 20% of the advertised speed

seems my issue got resolved now I'm gonna send the old one back to corsair

Big thanks to Corsair Kevin he was the only one who believed that there was something abnormal and helped me

P.S there was a difference in the backing between the new(yellow) and old one (white)

yKp2hvG.jpg

Again THANKS Kevin