Corsair Community

Virtuoso unmuting itself

Wilem

Hi, just got Virtuoso SE, connected via USB. Everything's working, except when I press the mute button, the mic turns red but goes back green in about 5 seconds. Pretty sure this isn't how mute is supposed to work. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Update: Noticed it's happening only when Cisco Webex Mettings is running (not in a meeting though). Also noticed while Webex is running, the Windows white mic icon in the system tray is going on and off. Like it's blinking. At about the same rate as the mic getting unmuted. So I think it's Webex unmuting the mic somehow... but this shouldn't be possible? If I manually mute the mic, the software shouldn't be able to unmute it by itself and start recording. I should be the one controlling the mute, especially when it comes from the physical headset button.

Edited by Wilem

If it's a purely software only mute button, then Webex has probably no issue unmuting. Might want to look into settings of Webex or ask their support for a way to disable that behaviour.

The Virtuoso's isn't a hardware switch that disconnects all audio signals of the mic like others have while the software still thinks it's on, it also probably needs it to be in software for the LED to change to the right color and to play the announcer voice according to the current status.

I have also noticed this problem, and it definitely seems to be tied to Webex. I have also noticed that the taskbar is showing that Webex is using my mic all of the time (not only when I am in a meeting). This definitely seems to be a Webex issue, and I for one am glad that the mic's light is accurately reflecting the true status.

If you click on the mic icon on the taskbar it takes you into settings where there is an option to prevent applications from using the mic, and if I do that this behavior stops.

On the plus side I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of people who are complimenting the mic quality when I use it in Webex meetings. I've had several ask for the make and model :)