Corsair Community

SP120 RGB Rainbow Mode-LNP pics or vid?

nsteele

• Corsair Employee
Corsair stated that the SP120 RGB also has a rainbow mode with the LNP, was hoping someone could post pictures or videos of this! I know a lot of people are curious, thanks in advance :)

Here's a quick video that shows the rainbow mode and a few other effects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b7c5h3i2dl5xyx/CL4_LNP_SPRGB.mp4?dl=0

For reference:

Corsair Link 4.6.0.86

Lighting Node Pro Firmware 0.2.65

Out of the box, Lighting Node Pro will require a firmware update and at least CL 4.6 to support SP RGB fans.

No one can do this because the SP120's don't actually work with the LNP, despite the latest release of Corsair Link saying they do.

They do work and have worked consistently on all the samples of LNP and SP RGB fans I've tried. If you're experiencing issues, it's recommended to contact our support team for a solution (also make sure you're on the latest version of CL4 and have the latest firmware).

We try to replicate the issue on our end when we come across them, and address them in future software/firmware updates. However, not all environments and hardware configurations can be accounted for, making this process tricky if the problem only manifests itself in very specific situations.

This. SP120 fans have issues and do not function correctly with Corsair Link or LNP.

See above.

Please contact our support team if you have any issues. 4.7 just went live and will enable some new lighting modes for SP RGB fans (the new lighting modes require a new firmware update for the LNP, so it's worth a shot to try the new firmware when it becomes available, shouldn't be long after 4.7 drops)

Hi CJ,

I would encourage you to review my case, ticket #6922867. It hasn't been the best experience, and I have still yet to receive answers to my many questions. Right now I'm waiting for an RMA device to arrive but I don't feel that it will solve my (and the others that are having it) problem.

Please also review the thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167374

After reviewing the thread and ticket you'll find at least 6 instances of customers with LNP, the latest CL software and firmware, and no one has gotten the LNP to work with SP fans. Note I have not definitively seen anyone on this forum state that they HAVE gotten it to work. In fact, the video that you posted to dropbox is the first bit of evidence that I've seen anywhere that actually shows these products working together the way they are supposed to.

Also, I just upgraded to 4.7.0.77 and firmware 0.3.72 and I am still seeing the same behavior.

Please help!

Hi CJ,

I would encourage you to review my case, ticket #6922867. It hasn't been the best experience, and I have still yet to receive answers to my many questions. Right now I'm waiting for an RMA device to arrive but I don't feel that it will solve my (and the others that are having it) problem.

Please also review the thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167374

After reviewing the thread and ticket you'll find at least 6 instances of customers with LNP, the latest CL software and firmware, and no one has gotten the LNP to work with SP fans. Note I have not definitively seen anyone on this forum state that they HAVE gotten it to work. In fact, the video that you posted to dropbox is the first bit of evidence that I've seen anywhere that actually shows these products working together the way they are supposed to.

Also, I just upgraded to 4.7.0.77 and firmware 0.3.72 and I am still seeing the same behavior.

Please help!

Literally verbatim what my situation is also.

Archived