Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

i would advise using the normal vertical mount rather than the itx gpu mount buddy

I am trying to find a riser cable set up that I can screw into the PSU cover so the graphics card is a little further away from the glass door.

First of all I would like to thank Zotty, Dev and all of you who contributed in this thread.

Zotty your diagrams are fantastic!!!

It would be really interesting if (somehow) the relevant diagrams could exist for cable management and how many extensions (RGB/PWM) are needed.

I just came into a deadend realising i have not the necessary extension to do the cable management i would like :(

The layout is the standard 8+2 LL120 + 3 LL140 + H115i on top (push pull). 2 Commander Pros and 3 RGB hubs are to be utilised.

Any recommendations would be reaaaally appreciated.

First of all I would like to thank Zotty, Dev and all of you who contributed in this thread. Zotty your diagrams are fantastic!!!

+1! :D:

It would be really interesting if (somehow) the relevant diagrams could exist for cable management and how many extensions (RGB/PWM) are needed.

I just came into a deadend realising i have not the necessary extension to do the cable management i would like :(

The layout is the standard 8+2 LL120 + 3 LL140 + H115i on top (push pull). 2 Commander Pros and 3 RGB hubs are to be utilised.

Any recommendations would be reaaaally appreciated.

+1

This is really the only "problem" I have left in figuring out my build (this is my first build) - cabling for the fans/LEDs, etc...

http://i.imgur.com/QaRuyIsl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FLpn3QGl.jpg

Last updated 21/01/2020

Greetings fellow RGBz Addicts :D:

Still waiting on a few parts, but for now I have enough to begin.

Spec list so far is.

1. Corsair Obsidian 1000d
  2. Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
  3. Intel i7 8700k
  4. Corsair H115i Platinum
  5. Corsair MP500 M.2 (240gb for system)
  6. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb
  7. Corsair Commander Pro (making 2 with the included 1000D edition Commander Pro)
  8. Corsair LL140mm Fans x 3
  9. Corsair LL120mm Fans x 10
  10. Corsair RM1000i
  11. Corsair PSU Premium Braided Cable Kit in Black
  12. EVGA GTX 1080 SC

For now this build will be cooled using the Corsair H115i Platinum, up in the top of the case.

My plan is to get the main system up and running and looking good, and then add in the ITX system. Same again, get it up and running and looking good (undecided on second system specs yet).

Until the 2nd system is gathered all together, I will vertical mount the main systems GPU, so you guys get to see how it all fits together, along with any pitfalls it may create.

Once the second system is fitted I will then be heading towards a full Custom loop on both systems. It will be my first Custom loop, so you guys that are as wary as I am, of those first steps......... Please follow the adventure :).

Here is my concept install Diagram to give you all an idea of my plan

http://i.imgur.com/bxtWZBzl.png

http://i.imgur.com/E62hA1zl.png

http://i.imgur.com/6jWk57yl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lVZNQall.jpg

My next post in this thread will be the case itself, what it contains, and what it is supplied with. Anyone with an interest in the case and needs information, please do ask. I will try my hardest to get photos up with explanations for any queries that may arise.

Once the case details have been sorted, I will get the Motherboard installed and get the OS on.. oce done I will begin the Front Fan installation, (8xLL120mm) along with the cable arrangement from fans to rear Cable Management Area, and whats needed to travel such a distance.. Extensions for both Fan Power and Fan RGB are going to be needed. 16x cables all in.. Should be fun! :D:

All images can be found in full Resolution here https://imgur.com/a/8WRankh

I you need help with Corsair RGB Ecosystem

Go read this

Corsair RGB Hardware Ecosystem FAQ Thead

Covers most things You need to know on how the system works.

Don't Skim read it.. take Your time.. there is a lot to take in.

Also watch the Corsair How videos for iCUE Setup and Operation

Discord Channel for Corsair Case Owners

https://discord.gg/b6x8HpM

Hi can you maybe assist. what thickness radiator did you install in front the two 480mm radiators?

well this is as far as it goes for the AIO build stage of my 1000d.. this is probably it's last image in its current build state

TxVtLrb.gif

this has happened.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=188181

I have an H115i platinum rgb and was thinking to install it as you did. The issue is that I have the LL140 fans as well as the default ML fans of the AIO cooler and want to do a push pull config (exactly like your picture above).

I have read the AIO FAQ and the importance of the push pull fans to have same rpm, but there are several questions risen:

1. To assure that the slow LL140 fans are not stopping the airflow, I have to put the ML fans in pull position (above the rad) at same or higher speed. Correct?

2. Having both types of fan at same RPM does not necessarily mean same airflow. More specific, if I keep the ML fans to push and LL fans to pull, having same RPM, the LL fans will stop slightly the airflow of the ML fans. correct?

3. Do you have any snapshot from the top of the case (looking downwards towards the roof of the case) when you had the H115i installed to see if there are any visual effects visible? Because if the fans visual effects are visible from the top and I put the ML fans in pull config together with the independent LL140 fan (remaining fan slot in top mounting) then the result will be kinda mixed.(My pc will be positioned on a base at the floor).

I hope my questions are not too confusing.

So i just got all of the 13 fans installed and wired up, unfortunately it turns out that i didn't need the 8 RGB fan extension cables that i bought from piratedog_tech on ebay, probably going to sell those now so if anyone in the uk is in need of them, do let me know

I have an H115i platinum rgb and was thinking to install it as you did. The issue is that I have the LL140 fans as well as the default ML fans of the AIO cooler and want to do a push pull config (exactly like your picture above).

I have read the AIO FAQ and the importance of the push pull fans to have same rpm, but there are several questions risen:

1. To assure that the slow LL140 fans are not stopping the airflow, I have to put the ML fans in pull position (above the rad) at same or higher speed. Correct?

2. Having both types of fan at same RPM does not necessarily mean same airflow. More specific, if I keep the ML fans to push and LL fans to pull, having same RPM, the LL fans will stop slightly the airflow of the ML fans. correct?

3. Do you have any snapshot from the top of the case (looking downwards towards the roof of the case) when you had the H115i installed to see if there are any visual effects visible? Because if the fans visual effects are visible from the top and I put the ML fans in pull config together with the independent LL140 fan (remaining fan slot in top mounting) then the result will be kinda mixed.(My pc will be positioned on a base at the floor).

I hope my questions are not too confusing.

Hi buddy..

1, I just matched their speeds ( i was also LL and ML).. i think you are over thinking it...

2, i Think you are over thinking it.. just match their speeds.. i suffered no temp issues my self...

3, i dont have a picture of the top as i am no longer set up like that.. but yes you can see the fans through the top.

I have since rebuilt mine and the tops as set as exhaust now...

http://i.imgur.com/6ZAclDXl.jpg

Hi buddy..

1, I just matched their speeds ( i was also LL and ML).. i think you are over thinking it...

2, i Think you are over thinking it.. just match their speeds.. i suffered no temp issues my self...

3, i dont have a picture of the top as i am no longer set up like that.. but yes you can see the fans through the top.

I have since rebuilt mine and the tops as set as exhaust now...

Perfect, thanks for the reply! I will use it as exhaust, hoping there will be no temp impact...

Edited by elgreco

Ok, so, big problem. As is usually case, geek that I am, I occasionally fool around with setups to see if I can tweek anymore performance out of things. This time I used devbikers rgb splitters to put two rgb fan hubs on channel two of the copros , channel 1 has 6 strings oc lights. The 1000D copro has the sails logo et al and 6 strings on channel 1, channel two has two more rgb fan hubs. It was working fine till this morning when the Icue software froze and wouldn't react. I uninstalled and re-installed. Now the Icue UI flashes on the screen for a few seconds showing that it doesn't find any hardware and then flashes off--what the hell did I do??? By the way, the fan hubs each have four fans on them. So in the image what I have is two set ups identical to whats on the 1000D co pro

2zqD6EH.thumb.png.14afe8bc7c9443f39833a7ce95fb0d17.png

Edited by apistodave
add pic

Ok, so, big problem. As is usually case, geek that I am, I occasionally fool around with setups to see if I can tweek anymore performance out of things. This time I used devbikers rgb splitters to put two rgb fan hubs on channel two of the copros , channel 1 has 6 strings oc lights. The 1000D copro has the sails logo et al and 6 strings on channel 1, channel two has two more rgb fan hubs. It was working fine till this morning when the Icue software froze and wouldn't react. I uninstalled and re-installed. Now the Icue UI flashes on the screen for a few seconds showing that it doesn't find any hardware and then flashes off--what the hell did I do??? By the way, the fan hubs each have four fans on them. So in the image what I have is two set ups identical to whats on the 1000D co pro

So ... iCUE is crashing for some reason. The question is why. And that can be tough to narrow down.

Make sure that you have the latest version of iCUE. Also, try a repair install (rather than uninstall/reinstall). While it shouldn't make a difference, it sometimes does.

Another possibility is that your profiles were corrupted. In that case, first back up the contents of %AppData%\Corsair\CUE. Then shut down iCUE and the Corsair Service. The blast the folder and restart iCUE. It'll rebuild the profiles.

I found this on the website:

install iCUE:

Open Control Panel on your computer.

Select Programs and Features.

Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list of programs, then select Uninstall.

Once you’ve uninstalled iCUE, you need to remove some files so a clean reinstallation can be done:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

Type %appdata%, then click OK.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%.

Delete any Corsair folders that appear.

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

Type Regedit in the Run Window, then click OK.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.

Restart your computer.

Download a new iCUE installer file from Corsair.com.

Reinstall iCUE.

If you need further assistance with these steps, contact Customer Support.

Hi there.

I currently have 14xQL120 Fans over 2 commander pro and 2 node cores and do hydrox cooling in the future. I'm looking to tidy up my build and just have it under 1 commander pro.

I've tried with case lighting on channel 1 and channel 2 splitted across 3 Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub. The lights never turned on. I'm guessing I bought the wrong spliter for the hubs and looking to get a replacement. I was following your install diagram and was wondering if this plan is also valid for the QL120 fans? I've watched this [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWztfm3VgZM]video[/ame]saying that commander pro channels can only support up to 6 fans. Is this the limit for the commander pro or is the cable splitters a work around this problem?

Also to power the fans

the hub I bought was of poor quality and the connectors just keep falling off. I'm not having much luck, could you suggest a good pwm hub? Got any thoughts or suggestions?