Corsair Community

H80i - one fan just stopped working

m0ngy

Hi,

One of the fans has stopped working on my H80i.

When my PC powers up both H80i fans (and all case fans) will immediately spin-up but then one H80i fan will stop, while the other H80i fan continues as normal.

My mobo also registers a fault with the CPU fans at startup.

I swapped the fans on the power plug from the pump and it worked, so the problem is with the power coming from the pump, not the fan itself.

I've checked the power cable from the pump for any damage and there's none that I can see.

I've installed the latest Corsair Command software but I'm still on 1.0.4 firmware. I'm worried about trying to update a faulty unit, would probably brick it.

I've also tried unplugging everything, nothing worked.

I've currently got the fan working by connecting it directly to my mobo (Asus P6T Deluxe) but now both fans are running at full speed all the time with no throttle control, quite noisy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

One of the fans has stopped working on my H80i.

When my PC powers up both H80i fans (and all case fans) will immediately spin-up but then one H80i fan will stop, while the other H80i fan continues as normal.

My mobo also registers a fault with the CPU fans at startup.

I swapped the fans on the power plug from the pump and it worked, so the problem is with the power coming from the pump, not the fan itself.

I've checked the power cable from the pump for any damage and there's none that I can see.

I've installed the latest Corsair Command software but I'm still on 1.0.4 firmware. I'm worried about trying to update a faulty unit, would probably brick it.

I've also tried unplugging everything, nothing worked.

I've currently got the fan working by connecting it directly to my mobo (Asus P6T Deluxe) but now both fans are running at full speed all the time with no throttle control, quite noisy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should try to reset everything to Default. Maybe there is a conflicting application trying to change the fan speed. If that doesn't work then you might want to look into getting the little splitter changed if its not the main board its self. Mean while you can to one of the following:

1. Just don't run it, you'll be fine with 1 fan. Unless you running you system up all the time.

2. Download a Fan Controller Program (e.g. Fan Xpert II) and lower you fan speed with that so its not as loud.

Yeah, the unit IS faulty. So, WTF do I do in the meantime, while I'm waiting for a new CPU cooler? Obviously, I'll have to buy another cooler, so now I'll have two expensive CPU coolers... great, really useful!

Where's the tech support Corsair?? You're supposed to respond to us, that's why we post on this 'Forum of the Damned'.

I've tried updating the firmware, get the following messages.

"Status: Corsair Command failed to reset."

"Status: H80i/H100i not connected!"

I've tried the USB in a different plug to no avail.

No response - after 5 days - from anyone in Corsair tech support. What's the use of this forum if they don't even bother to respond? Not impressed with the reliability of Corsair products or their after sales service, and will be making my opinions widely known from this point forward.

No response - after 5 days - from anyone in Corsair tech support. What's the use of this forum if they don't even bother to respond? Not impressed with the reliability of Corsair products or their after sales service, and will be making my opinions widely known from this point forward.

have you tried calling them?

• 1 year later...
yea i have the same problem as mongy hopefully they will do express rma because this is my work /gaming computer and i just bought the product a couple of months ago other wise id just take it back to the canada computers i bought it at

Archived