Corsair Community

650D, H100 and 8GB Vengeance

swampgrowth

I am considering the following components in my first do-it-yourself build. I'm attempting to achieve quality for a reasonable price (i.e. not bleeding edge).

Corsair 650D

Corsair H100

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Motherboard

Intel i7-2600K

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)

Seasonic X-650 PSU

240GB SSD (SATA III)

2TB HDD (SATAIII)

Optical disk drives

eVGA GTS 560 ti DS

As far as I have been able to ascertain, these products are compatible (e.g. the H100 and X-650 fit into the 650D). I have never built a system before and comments from other forum members make me a bit hestitant.

The documentation for the 650D appears to be geared to enthusiasts who know their way around a case. I can trace cables back to their source and follow the instructions for the motherboard but I wonder about things that may not be intuitive to a rank beginner (e.g. which power pole for case buttons is + and which is -; how to replace the top case fan with the H100 radiator; properly mounting the MB/PSU into the case [i've read that this can be tricky] and cable management).

I have two questions for forum members:

1) Do you have any coments regarding the components listed above?

2) Can you provide any URLs to tricks/tips that will help a rank beginner to build a system? I have already reviewed the installation videos at Newegg.

Thanks in advance.

Archived