Corsair Community

Question about corsair m45 software/firmware

mre12345

Hello,

1. I have recently bought my m45, and I have first installed the software, and then the firmware. I have heard that you are supposed to install the firmware first and then the software. Do i need to do something about this or does it not matter in the order you install it.

2. When i installed the firmware for the mouse, I was using a usb 3.0 port. I have seen somewhere on this forum that you need to install it on a usb 2.0. DOes installing the mouse software on a usb 3.0 make a difference

3. Every time I log into my computer, the mouse speed jumps up horrendously so I have to go put up the dpi slightly and then put it down to my usual dpi.

Is there any thing else I need to know about the installation of the corsair m45?

• Corsair Employee

1.) You want to use the latest FW since it typically resolves issues with the sensor.

2.) We recommend USB 2.0 where possible as third party USB 3.0 may have issues. If you can get it to work on USB 3.0 though, it is a non-issue.

3.) This is most likely due to a lack of a FW update so get it updated as soon as possible.

Archived