Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Fans arent working

Carboned21

So I recently built my computer a couple weeks ago. My fans have yet to work. I have 2 Corsair SP120 RGB Pro's on the rear and top of the case and the 2 fans that came preinstalled on my corsair H115i RGB Platinum. The fans on my AIO Water Cooler spin and have power but the rgb is not working on them regardless of what i've tried. I've plugged it into a new SATA connecter into the PSU, not the adapter, I plugged in both fans on the radiator into the cords on the pump and the rgb node but nothing is bringing up results. Any help would be amazing

You say "regardless of what you have tried" ... but what have you tried?

Keep in mind that the fans have two connectors. The fans for the radiator should, ideally, be connected to the radiator. Make sure that you go into iCUE and set the lighting for the cooler as well (Lighting Setup).

I'm not sure what case you have so I can't tell you want to do about the case fans. That tidbit of information would also be exceedingly useful. Detailed information so we actually can help you would be amazing.

And be sure to check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. There's a lot there but it's all useful info collated from the question we see most frequently on the forum.

So I have both RGB ML 140 MM fans plugged in for power and rgb into the corsair pump which is running and lighting fine. My 2 SP 120MM fans are both spinning and have rgb (connected to Corsair Lighting Node Core) where as the 2 fans on my Corsair H115i Platinum are spinning but not lighting up. The case that i'm currently using is an NZXT H510 Mid-Tower case.

For some reason, I read "fans that came with the case" .. that's not the case here. My misread.

So ... the SP-PRO are fine. That's good. Now ... for the ML-RGB - try switching the RGB connectors. And make sure that they are configured in the "Lighting Setup" section of the cooler. You can turn that off.

So i've switched the rgb connectors thats connected to the Corsair pump and went to iCUE lighting setup to check if the fans are recognized. The iCUE software notices the pump and allows me to configure the lighting for the fans but the issue with the rgb not working still persists.

OK. So - next - what happens if you put the fans onto the LNC? You'll need to add a single SP-RGB PRO fans to it to light them up (make sure it's SP-PRO, not original SP but since you have a Ligthing Node Core it probably is).

And how are they configured in iCUE?

And do 1 ML at a time. The fans run in series - a daisy chain. One fan sends signal to the next. So 1 bad fan can take the whole lot down. If 1 of your MLs is bad AND it happens to be on port #1 ...

That's what I'm trying to determine here. Is it 1 bad fan or 2?