Corsair Community

Reactor 120GB Win 7 BSOD now cant do anything with it

Banbert

Built a new system last week with Win 7 64bit and ran ok for a week then one BSOD and wont boot now. Gets as far as the "Windows is Loading Files" Messages and then reboots, and this cycle continues until I stop it.

Tried different repair modes booting from windows DVD

Tried CHKDSK and it says it fixes something but doesnt boot.

Tried formatting the drive and starting again and it comes up with errors whenever I try to format it or partition it or do anything else involving HDD access.

Plugged drive into another system via USB and it shows the files but wont let me delete certain directories and I get corrupted messages trying to access different directories.

Tried a normal SATA drive in the PC and it works fine, win 7 installs without issues.

The drive seems to be pretty stuffed but is there anything else I should try or whats the best course of action for me, I am based in the UK.

Any help appreciated, this is the first windows 7, SSD and water cooled system I have built (h50) but I was an IT manager for nearly 10 years but dropped that profession 18 months ago to concentrate on my photography business, I know PC's, I just arent terribly upto date with all this new tech and Win7, which I was liking until the BSOD.

• 9 months later...

Archived