Corsair Community

Corsair H100i Intel LGA1151 Backplate

boomwbb

Hi All,

Long time Corsair customer here. Recently put together a new build. I figured I'd try out the Corsair H100i RGB cooler (CW-9060039-WW). What is the deal with the backplate not working on LGA 1151? The backplate clearly doesn't line up at all. The board I'm using is the Asus ROG Strix Z390-E. The amazon reviews even had multiple customers report the same issue.

From the spec page:https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-RGB-Platinum/p/CW-9060039-WW#tab-tech-specs

np0C3Wp.png

I contacted support and they are sending me a backplate which tells me this is a known issue. I'm hoping this comes ASAP, This build was a gift and it's disappointing to get this far down the road and not have the correct bracket.

I don’t have the slightest idea what they are talking about unless a batch went out with 2 AMD brackets or something similar. The bracket on all the Platinum models is the same as the last generation of CoolIT and fits every 115x socket for the last 6 years. Aside from the little dimple on the back of the board and corresponding hole in the bracket, there isn’t much else to do. Can you share a picture? If the above premise is true, then there will be more of these.

I'm an idiot. When you asked about pictures I noticed the text on bottom corner that said 115x. I noticed before the nuts slide left or right. They were getting stuck so I used a flat head screw driver to force them fully into the corner... Now it fits. haha... Hopefully this helps some one else.

I'm an idiot. When you asked about pictures I noticed the text on bottom corner that said 115x. I noticed before the nuts slide left or right. They were getting stuck so I used a flat head screw driver to force them fully into the corner... Now it fits. haha... Hopefully this helps some one else.

And now you also have a spare, thanks to Corsair Support!! :sunglasse

Yeah it's cool. One thing that's very concerning is the response time. In today's world I'd expect quicker turn around. This bracket isn't even coming until next Monday. I actually primed an entire new cooler before this bracket even left the Hong Kong warehouse.