Corsair Community

LL Fans and Commander Pro and RGB hub?

-sonoma-

I recently bought a single LL fan and RGB hub from corsairs site. I contacted support after it didnt work and found out the ONLY way to get the LL Fans to communicate with LINK is to buy the 3 pack that comes with the specific hub.

Is that correct? You NEED the 3 pack hub and cannot use this one? http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub

This is super inconvenient since I only need the 1 LL fan and already have a lighting node pro, so spending $100 just to receive the hub seems ridiculous

That hub is identicall to the one that comes with the LL fans.. ive just been through all this.. the hub is the same aas used by all corsairs RGB fans.. LL/HD/SP

you know you cant mix fans on it though... only up to 6 of the one type.....

and to work with link that hub would need to be plugged into a commander pro or a lighting node pro

@Zotty, this is absolutely not the case. I got the RGB hub, connected a singular LL fan to it, plugged the hub into my Commander Pro (tried the lighting node Pro too) and had no success at all.

I contacted support and they specifically said I HAD to get the hub that comes in the 3 fan pack. If you're saying this is not the case then I might have gotten a defective fan

@Zotty, this is absolutely not the case. I got the RGB hub, connected a singular LL fan to it, plugged the hub into my Commander Pro (tried the lighting node Pro too) and had no success at all.

I contacted support and they specifically said I HAD to get the hub that comes in the 3 fan pack. If you're saying this is not the case then I might have gotten a defective fan

AFAIK, there is only ONE model of RGB LED hub.

AFAIK, there is only ONE model of RGB LED hub.

Correct....

at the OP.... trust me i know what i am talking about lol... ive done exactly that! the RGB Fan LED hubs that came with both my triple packs of LL fans are still in the box... i have plugged my LL fans into the RGB fan LED Hub that came with my HD fans...... 100% certain on this....... as Speedy has said.. they only make the one!!.... its the button controllers where things differ.. which you dont need and indeed the LL fans have no such option atm..

i checked and double checked all this with corsair before i spent £250 on 6 fans!!!!! ;)

• 7 months later...

for hijacking this tread, but its hard to search the forums around the interwebs to find someone with the exact same problem and with a good solution.

But i'we seen Zotty have a really good understanding of this.. and i was hoping he could help me..

I just bought a Commander Pro and a sett of Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-LINK/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

and plug and play, all worked fine for me(not sure if i did it correctly, but it works) and then i wanted more, i wanted a RGB fan, and i got online and bought me a Corsair LL120 RGB https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050071-WW

But since im no good at doing my researches first i quicly found out that i could not connect the fan to the Commander Pro and therefor i needed a Corsair HD RGB Fan LED Hub https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

Now i've tried to connect this hub to the commander pro, and lets just keep it simple and say i FAILED!

And as far as i can see from your beautiful diagrams Zotty, this should be a walk in the park.

Do you not connect both sides of the LED strips to the commander pro, cos i tried not to, but they didnt light up, connect both sides and all good. but i cant get it to work..well, some of it works, i get the fan spinning from the commander pro fan connectors, and i get (i think) one led lighting up from connecting it to the hub, but i cant figure out how to connect the hub to the commander pro, since i need both sides of the LED strips in the commander to get them to light up, which means that i dont have any open LED slots on the commander pro.

And when i tried to take of the LED strips and connect the RGB hub, that didnt show up in iCUE, so i could't configure the fan..

Jeezes, this might be a messy post, and hard to follow, but please, ask questions and PLEASE, pretty please, help me..

Sincerely a helpless, hopeless Norwegian dude, Ice_Mann

Hi buddy.. only one end of the first strip plugs into the Commander pro... then the next strip plugs into the previous strip (daisy chain). if using iCue you can have up to 6 Strips.. the end of the 'Daisy' Chain doesn't connect to anything......

To configure the strips in iCue. click on the Commander Pro icon and then click Lighting Setup...

Hmm, well, thanks Zotty, i need to take it all apart again to see if i can get this to work. since as i said, with just one side connected the strips didnt show any signs of life, in iCUE or at all.. but ill give it a go again.. Thanks.

Hmm, well, thanks Zotty, i need to take it all apart again to see if i can get this to work. since as i said, with just one side connected the strips didnt show any signs of life, in iCUE or at all.. but ill give it a go again.. Thanks.

How did you connect them? Which wires did you use? Like Zotty said, you only need to connect one end ... the same end that plugs directly into the CoPro. And if you need extensions, use the cables with 3 wires, not two.

this should give you an idea of what you need to do.. ignore that they are LL fans.. Wiring is the same ;)

XSDWsne.png

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question. I want to install 6 fans as in the graphic on my corsair 570x and I do not know if it is necessary to have the commander pro. I do not have it and I do not know where to connect the fans, to the motherboard? Thanks for the answer in advance and sorry for the English since I am from Spain and do not use it much. Thanks again.

Thanks alot Zotty and DevBiker, got the strips working without two cables. I did as Dev said, and i had used a cable with only two leads🙄

But im wondering, should the rgb hub show up in iCUE, and if so, wth am i doing wrong there? Haha. Should i use a 2 or 3 lead cable between the hub and the pro? And what do i do to find it in iCUE..

Ice_Mann

The Fan Hub doesn't show up in Link or iCue. It's a dumb device and is just used to distribute power and the control signal to the fans. You configure it by configuring the lighting channel on the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro that it's connected to.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for starting the thread again.

I got the same Issues going on. Just replaced my commander pro and the RGB hub with a new one. I can not control any RGB settings in iCue...

Here you have some screenshots from icue settings:

unbenanntp9dt6.jpg

This is how the LED look:

unnameddqffe.jpg

(There is no reaction or movement in RGB at all)

Also the fans are very low lighted.

Can you help me with that? thanks in advance

Pascal

No I didn’t do anything! I tried all fans one by one. Still no reaction!

OK, to be clear, you tried each one individually in port 1 of the fan hub?

And it's a brand new CoPro and Fan Hub, correct?

Do you have any adapters or power splitters in the chain anywhere (Molex to SATA, etc)?

OK, to be clear, you tried each one individually in port 1 of the fan hub?

And it's a brand new CoPro and Fan Hub, correct?

Do you have any adapters or power splitters in the chain anywhere (Molex to SATA, etc)?

Yes i tried all fans individually in the port 1 of the fan hub. Both fan hub and commander pro are new devices, they got replaced just yesterday. There are now splitters in the chain. I use a sata power to connect the commander, the fan hub and the lighting Corsair logo of the case to the power supply.

Best

Pascal

Archived