Corsair Community

WiFi issues - original Corsair One

MrPace

This has been happening since I bought this PC about two years ago. It doesn't matter which WiFi Driver I use, it continues to happen.

Symptoms:

Every now and then, I will lose my internet. The WiFi symbol still says I am connected. I get all the bars. If I am watching Twitch, streaming a video, etc, it continues streaming no problem, as if I am connected.

However, if I go to load a new webpage, it won't load. Browser will say I am not connected to the internet...however, I am...WiFi in windows tray says I am connected, and videos that I already have running keep on streaming fine.

It's only when I go to connect to something new, it won't load.

The only way to fix it is to click on the wifi icon, disconnect, then reconnect, and everything is back to normal.

This problem can disappear for a week or two at a time, then it can happen 5 times in one day.

I don't see any error messages in event viewer relating to WiFi or network adapters. I've lived with this for two years now and am really getting tired of it happening...lol

Anyone else out there ever experience something like this?

I have never connected this PC to ethernet via a wire, and because of where I am set up, I can't do that right now, so don't ask about that.

What could possibly be causing something like this? Still being technically connected because streaming videos still continue to work, but not being able to connect to anything new?

It doesn't seem to be a DNS issue either, since the last few times this has happened, I actually entered an IP address into the browser (for Google search), and that wouldn't load either. So it's not DNS.

Any clues?

Edited by MrPace

• Corsair Employee

Hi MrPace,

If you're maintaining a connection to your router, then it sounds like a general connection issue at the router.

Have you tried resetting your router and checking to see if there are any QoS settings that are causing the connection to throttle/drop?

Hi MrPace,

If you're maintaining a connection to your router, then it sounds like a general connection issue at the router.

Have you tried resetting your router and checking to see if there are any QoS settings that are causing the connection to throttle/drop?

If it was a connection issue at the router, wouldn't it also affect existing connections (such as twitch streamers that I am watching)?

The main symptom seems to be that any EXISTING connections are maintained, while anything that I look to connect to that is NEW is affected...it won't connect...until I go into Windows WiFi, disconnect my Wifi connection, then reconnect it, and it's instantly back working again.

Seems to me it's either a windows issue or a wifi adapter issue...and it's been happening since I bought this PC two years ago...and it's been happening through multiple versions updates of Windows 10 and more than a few WiFi driver updates...nothing seems to make it go away.

It seems like a very specific symptom that would point to an obvious problem (existing connections continue to work, new connections fail). But I haven't found anything in my searches that has fixed it yet...I thought maybe it might be a Corsair One problem, but from the lack of responses and lack of really finding anything on the forums, maybe it isn't....it's very strange.