Corsair Community

Which RAM to use for Gigabyte 'Top Performance' setting?

CHaynes112

Greetings, I currently have a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra motherboard and Corsair XMS CMX512-3200C2PT memory. Whenever I enable the 'Top Performance' setting in BIOS, the system will not POST. I can live with that. Here's my question... I am getting ready to purchase a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev2) motherboard. I want to know EXACTLY which Corsair module(s) to purchase so that I can ENABLE the 'Top Performance' setting without ANY problems. I contacted Gigabyte and they told me that any RAM that was High Density and ECC would work fine. Can anyone confirm this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking for 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Twin Pair PC3200 with CAS2.0-6-2-3-1T Timings. The new motherboard uses the nForce2 Ultra400 chipset. Also, I would like to be able to set the 'Fast Command' in BIOS to it's maximum setting, 'Ultra'. -Thank you

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest that you ask the MB maker, as this setting is not part of the chipset spec. nor would we be able to support any settings that make's changes that are not published, as to exactly what's getting set in the bios for memory timings! Sorry!

Archived