Corsair Community

CUE 2 first impressions

I had avoided installing CUE 2 until now as I understood I would need to remake my profiles, actions (macros), etc... and I simply deferred taking the time to write all my config out so I could recode it all... but yesterday was the day to take the initial plunge. There really needs to be a solid import/convert function in CUE/2, even if it was just for the Actions/Macros.

It would be a nice quality of life feature if CUE could export friendly lists of macro's; like which key's were bound to what Actions/macro's, and maybe even the colours mapped to the keys... especially since there are so many incompatibilities between the versions (another reason for a solid import/convert function in CUE/2), a feature like this could have saved me the efforts of having to manually capture all my configurations.

Similarly, it would be great if the default view of the Keyboard Profile in CUE2 (where is shows you the keyboard and colour scheme) could show you your macro assignments on mouse over... kind of like putting all the layers together until you specifically click on either the Action, Performance, or Lighting Effect tabs to drill down to a specific layer.

In general, I do appreciate what the new CUE2 has to offer, and would like to see some of the following inconsistencies (some are between versions) lined up:

• The Library function is not everywhere.
    • The Action Library seems to be the most developed; it serves as a common place for both my K95 Keyboard and M65 Mouse Actions to pull from and push to. Makes sense it does not extend to the VOID USB.
    • The Lighting Effect Library seems to only exist for my K95 Keyboard, so I found myself having to duplicate my Lighting Effects for my M65 mouse

[*]After switching to Advanced Mode, my VOID USB is stuck in Basic Mode... I cannot apply my advanced lighting effect to the headset, nor can I draw from the Lighting Effect Library I setup for my K95 Keyboard

[*]I found myself missing the keyboard "Key Groups" to define a selected range of keys

[*]There doesn't seem to be a way to click-and-drag to select a range of keys. Having to press-and-hold Ctrl while I individually left-clicked every key I wanted to assign a Lighting Effect was tedious.

[*]I miss the mouse-over/context menus to add/edit/etc Actions assigned to keys. The current implementation is visually appealing under the Actions list; however, but it assumes a 1:1 Action to Key assignment ratio, whereas I could assign the same Action to more than one key in the old CUE (if I wanted to)

[*]I don't see an option to save a Profile to a device memory any more, am I missing it? Previously CUE could save a profile to the M65 Mouse and K95 Keyboard, and I always wished the VOID USB headset could retain a profile as well.

[*]I wish there was a way to lock CUE2 to a Profile; maybe something like an edit mode where it would stick to the settings page you are working on. For example, it's annoying to alt-tab in/out of a game while creating/testing/tweaking a complex macro Action (for example) and return to find CUE has defaulted back to the Default Profile and lost my place where I was working. I can understand that CUE is simply trying to stay in sync with the profile being applied to the application, but it should be able to still do that behind the scenes while keeping me in the "editor" mode I'm working on.

[*]There no longer seems to be a notification when switching between Profiles... were both the visual overlay and spoken prompt removed?

[*]It looks like saving settings has been simplified and made specific to each profile... so how are these setting backed up...

• Actions and Lighting Effects in the Library that aren't on a profile?
    • CUE2 settings?

[*]Why not suggest the Profile's name as the exporting Profile's file name?

I think CUE2 has a good base of functionality to choose from and is visually appealing; and hopefully while it continues to mature over time, some of inconsistencies are smoothed out and some "quality of life" features like I've listed above are implemented.

These are my "first few hours" of use impressions/thoughts, and will likely have more to share as I continue to use CUE2 and bash in more of my Profiles. Most of my experience so far has been creating a good Default Profile to copy from to set my base/common Lighting Effects for each new game profile I create, and tested one copy that I linked to Grim Dawn (love the icon/background image capability!).

I'll probably have a much better grasp of CUE2 after I get to LOTRO and code the dozens of macros/Actions that I created for the Warden class combo-skills. This will also give me a better understanding of how multiple profiles for the same game will work as the Warden has 3 stances/play-styles to flip between in game.

• 1 month later...

There doesn't seem to be a way to click-and-drag to select a range of keys. Having to press-and-hold Ctrl while I individually left-clicked every key I wanted to assign a Lighting Effect was tedious.

Click-and-drag to select a range of keys works for me.

I don't see an option to save a Profile to a device memory any more, am I missing it?

You are missing it. When selecting a device that has device memory, you will find that the hamburger menu to the immediate right of your profile(s) will have an entry that looks like a memory card; this saves what it can to your device.

I wish there was a way to lock CUE2 to a Profile; it's annoying to alt-tab in/out and return to find CUE has defaulted back to the Default Profile.

Although you have assigned a profile to your game, try making a copy of that profile and assigning it to CUE.

There no longer seems to be a notification when switching between Profiles.

Outside CUE, I am notified by seeing different lighting/action effects take place, indicative of the profiles having switched.

Inside CUE, I can see what the current profile is by looking at which profile is hightlighted in the upper-left. Setting a custom profile image makes it easier to tell which profile is current.

were both the visual overlay and spoken prompt removed?

Each profile can be associated with a background image, which acts like a visual overlay.

Archived