CUE - Sync It Demo (Computex 2017)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes! That would be good.

What I wondered was about the power. BUT ... the LED strip packaging doesn't tell us the current requirements.

BUT ... based on the current requirements for the LEDs on the LL and HD fans, we can estimate about 0.04A per LED ... so 0.4A per strip.

That's 1.6A for 4 strips, 3.2A for 8. If you do two strips of 6, you're looking at 4.8A, which is more current than is provided for over the SATA connection (4.5A) and leaves nothing for the Lighting Node Pro's processor. Five strips per gives you a total of 4.0 A even. So that's a possible winner.

Now ... if the configuration was "smart" enough to do on the fly current requirement calculations based on the devices attached and allow you to leverage that current how you wanted to, then you could have a 10 strip connection on one port and an LED fan hub (which takes no current from the NoPro) on the other port. Or ... 6 and 4 or 8 and 2. However you arrange it for a total of 10 strips max for each NoPro.

Yes Perfect! If the software could determine how many fans you have connected and allow more strips on one channel with fewer fans, that would be perfect! At the moment I have 7 strips on one, with one in parallel (that was an experiment but I will change that if this goes ahead) and the rest in series, and two HD120 fans, so well within my limits

EDIT: I have just realised how stupid that sounds. It obviously doesn't matter how many fans are connected as the fans are connected to power separately. So at the very least they should allow 8 strips on one port if you have a fan hub selected right?

Edited by Whisky Lima

dude did you see my little bit on the hd fan strip I added into the bottom of my RGB sails thread?

Scroll down once there

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=936716#post936716

6 strips you say.... at the cost of 6 fans though,, LOL...

Yes I just had a look at that, it's a great idea but a little pricey for my wallet ;) I just hope Corsair come up with a solution with this software so we don't have to hack our way to a perfect setup

Yes I just had a look at that, it's a great idea but a little pricey for my wallet ;) I just hope Corsair come up with a solution with this software so we don't have to hack our way to a perfect setup

Indeed.. I wouldn't have been buying one to strip thats for sure lol

• 2 weeks later...
I have just had a message about the ST100 and it got me thinking. When the new software is available, can we change the placement of the items for the LED animations?? For example some people have their case to the left of the desktop and some to the right. In this case the LEDs will have to light up at the case first then move through the keyboard and then the mouse mat. Will it be possible to 'position' our peripherals in the new CUE software so the animation happens properly?

I have just had a message about the ST100 and it got me thinking. When the new software is available, can we change the placement of the items for the LED animations?? For example some people have their case to the left of the desktop and some to the right. In this case the LEDs will have to light up at the case first then move through the keyboard and then the mouse mat. Will it be possible to 'position' our peripherals in the new CUE software so the animation happens properly?

We can only hope dude.... I have a spot on the left of my desk that would be

perfect for my ST100.. but it has to go on the right if I wish to use sequential effects....

We can only hope dude.... I have a spot on the left of my desk that would be

perfect for my ST100.. but it has to go on the right if I wish to use sequential effects....

Yes I know what you mean, I am using the advanced CUE settings so all of my animations are custom made but if I want to have an easy life I would have to move it next to my computer, which is less than ideal

No but it is a really cool idea if you have a couple spare, or like some, have upgraded to the LL series instead.

Now what did you go and say that for..... I have 5 hd120's 'Spare'.... I should try and sell them really.. but their box's look sooooooo nice amongst all the other Corsair box's lol...

Yes I know what you mean, I am using the advanced CUE settings so all of my animations are custom made but if I want to have an easy life I would have to move it next to my computer, which is less than ideal

Well if it wasn't in the plans.. It should be now :)..

Now what did you go and say that for..... I have 5 hd120's 'Spare'.... I should try and sell them really.. but their box's look sooooooo nice amongst all the other Corsair box's lol...

Wow, I would have probably sold them as a lot by now.. I don't get a great deal of spare cash to spend on my pc though so I suppose if I had everything I wanted then I would be tempted to hang onto them too.

Wow, I would have probably sold them as a lot by now.. I don't get a great deal of spare cash to spend on my pc though so I suppose if I had everything I wanted then I would be tempted to hang onto them too.

slow growth here dude.. bit by bit and had hung onto the hd's for the wifes pc.. but it's an old duo core and not so keen on link.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any more news on the software Corsair? I'm sure you guys are working hard to make it work perfectly but a little update on progress would be greatly appreciated by your most loyal fans!

EDIT: That's me and Zotty if there was any doubt about that!

hahaha!!! sad but true!.. we would even except hints!!! lol

• 2 weeks later...
OH this is painful! I don't mean to be rude but why announce something that is not even close to being ready to use? It's like scientists 'discovering' time travel.. but it won't actually allow you to travel through time for another 1000 years... PLEAAASSSEEEE give us something to go on, anything at all, pretty please :)

OH this is painful! I don't mean to be rude but why announce something that is not even close to being ready to use? It's like scientists 'discovering' time travel.. but it won't actually allow you to travel through time for another 1000 years... PLEAAASSSEEEE give us something to go on, anything at all, pretty please :)

It is a tease and is keeping both you and me captive, so that was a success. You could view what they displayed as a proof of concept. Getting something simple via a script isn't that hard. Putting the time into a good user interface, error checking, putting all the ducks in a row take a lot of time. It is amazing how quickly I can write something, though getting every body on board, dealing with people wanting changes, bug fixes, logistics, and usability tests add a bit of time.

I bought a HD-120 set and was waffling on the Lighting node pro. I am just going to wait till they come out with Sync IT, unless it drops a little bit more in price.

I know it takes time and i'm sure they are working as fast as they can on it, but is there any harm in telling us how they are getting on with it? I'd be far more captivated if they kept us in the loop about their progress.

I'm just so sick of waiting for something that should have been available from the start.

I am happy to see that it has not been forgotten or abandoned! I am curious though. Will this cause my case's light to light up with games such as Diablo III or will it only work with my Keyboard and mouse?

I suppose this new software could 'break' that feature entirely...

I also noticed that in the preview, it does not show RAM as being a listed device. Is that intentional?

Ha i'm sure this is going to have all the effects that the current hardware has in cue so I doubt that will be an issue. By the looks of things, we will have layers, and each of those LEDs looks like it is going to be selectable which means you can set different effects or colours for different LEDs. That is just a hunch though :)

EDIT: the keen eyed among you might have also seen that rainbow wave for those fans, appears to be the 'Demo Mode' that we experienced for a time with the current link. The rainbow starts at fan one and seems to go all the way through to fan 5 before it repeats.. now that is cool!

Edited by Whisky Lima

Wow, I've just set this snap shot as my desktop background, I was checking every day for a new news about this, and its been a year on this case, my last hope is that there is a mode for sound reacting, I'm dying to see this in my case, currently got 6 HD120, 2 HD140 and 2 strips in my case with a commander pro and a node pro installed, thanks Corsair, hopefully this won't be marked as a spam as last time it did when I asked about it on Facebook.

thank you Whisky Lima for triggering this up.