Corsair Community

Static Lighting not stored on H115i Pro

roakes

Hi,

I have a H115i Pro RGB and set up a static colour for the CPU block. However this colour only stays as long as the iCue software is running. If I close it completely then it reverts to rainbow.

I have tried "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device" but it doesn't help, although I do think it is saving the fan curve as they don't spin up, but the lighting is not saving (a bit of confirmation feedback after pressing that button would be nice too).

I like to kill off iCue completely as I found that it can cause crashes when running other hardware monitoring software.

If I use Link then the save to device works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Yes, the fan curves will save, but the lighting will not (for now). This is my prime pet peeve with iCUE at the moment and we were discussing this yesterday as well. There is a lighting profile saved to the pump, iCUE just overrides it and you get rainbows instead. Same thing on RGB fans and strips. I really want this to change and I carefully selected components for this option, only to have it taken away in the new software.

My suggestion to you is this: drop iCUE and go back to Link 4.9.7. I do this frequently for the exact same reasons as you. There still is a catch and it is going to mess with AIDA, HWINFO, or anything else accessing the same data. However, this time you can set your colors (fans, pump, and strips) and they will stay through boot cycles, wake, and after you exit Link. If you have some Corsair peripherals, you will need CUE 2.24.50 as well. That program does not conflict with other things and can be left running. However, it saves data to the same place as iCUE, so see below.

If you have a lot of profiles created (or even just a few fan curves), go to your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder and copy it to a safe location elsewhere. Stick in a folder named iCUE 3.4.95 (or whatever version you are on). Expect profiles to be version specific. With this done, you can check the box to delete all profiles when you uninstall iCUE. If you decide to give it another try later, drop the folder back in the same spot after installing iCUE version 3.xx, but before you launch the software. You can do the same thing with Link, except the file location is C: Program Data (hidden)/CLINK. It does not share the same folder space as either CUE 2 or iCUE 3, so it does not have to be purged every time. Regardless, I have made the swap back and forth countless times since iCUE launched and this really makes it a 2 minute switch rather than an annoyance.

If you just have the H115i Pro and no rgb fans or strips, you really aren't giving up anything. The big gain in iCUE is keyboard like lighting complexity for the fans and strips. The pump is a much simpler LED device, so you can't exactly do a lot with it. You can set Link not to run on start-up in the task manager/start-up tab. It will still do what it is supposed to do without the software, once you save the info to the device.

Great thanks, I've switched back. The main reason I wanted to try out iCue was due to the fact that the pump speed (I opt for Quiet) doesn't seem to be stored after shutdown. So if I don't start Link with Windows, then it runs the pump in Balanced mode until I start Link which then drops it back to Quiet straight away, then I can kill Link off too.

Seems like there are downsides to any option :)

Great thanks, I've switched back. The main reason I wanted to try out iCue was due to the fact that the pump speed (I opt for Quiet) doesn't seem to be stored after shutdown. So if I don't start Link with Windows, then it runs the pump in Balanced mode until I start Link which then drops it back to Quiet straight away, then I can kill Link off too.

Seems like there are downsides to any option :)

In Link, you should be able to save this to the device as well. Go to Options ... Devices. The device should have a link to "Save settings as default"; this saves to the hardware.

In Link, you should be able to save this to the device as well. Go to Options ... Devices. The device should have a link to "Save settings as default"; this saves to the hardware.

Thanks, I'd already done that before I tested iCue. The LED and Fan Curves are stored, but the Pump Speed doesn't seem to be, it always reverts to Balanced until I run Link

Can you hear the pump on Balanced? Most people can't. On the other hand, you are giving up something by running Quiet pump mode. Even with power saving features on, coolant temp goes up about +2C just sitting reading and typing. Then I have to remember to change it back before actually doing more strenuous tasks with a more noticeable penalty.

Archived