Corsair Community

CORSAIR 960GB Force MP510 NVMe M.2 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really to download. I've just pulled down the Corsair SSD toolbox.

are other people finding heat an issue?

I have a Force MP510 in a Silverstone PCIe slot adapter as my boot drive. all works well, but I have a constant background "noise" download of about 5-7Megabytes per sec, and occasionally, a dump down to my nas of the few hundred gigs I've downloaded overnight or during the day.

currently the system is all quiet and the MP510 is telling me it's temperature is at about 39C. however, as soon as I fire up a game or something I can get my temps up to about 79C. at this point above 70C, the drive controller is reporting 100% usage but access speeds are absolutely abysmal. to the point that ingame content may not load in time, if at all.

I have been in a battle, where I could see neither myself nor they guy I was fighting because in-game assets were unable to be loaded, but I could see my health being depleted, and damage overlay graphics.

i'm going to have a look and see if I can get some more cooling onto the NVMe drive, but this is actually punishing trying to game on this drive with any background load.

With the drive on it's own I never really had any issues with games previously.

The MP510 is mounted in the slot directly below my GPU, and my OCZ revo drive is in the slot above - reporting constant temps of 30C - but the revodrive has a heatsink mounted from factory.

so keep your NVMe drive controllers cool, or be punished it seems.