Corsair Community

Yep, more GPU Pump Noise (video)

Bubba Ho-Tep

Just got my i164 tonight. Was disappointed to hear a constant rattling noise emanating from the right side of the enclosure. After doing research including a call to Corsair support I was told it is “potentially” bubbles in the coolant for the GPU. I was instructed to run the computer for a few hours and it would go away.

I’ve had the computer on for over 8 hours now and the noise hasn’t lessened at all unfortunately. I’ve seen others post with this issue but is it 100% unanimous? Are there units out there that DON’T exhibit this noise? If so that proof it’s not a normal operating sound. How much time should I allow before concluding it won’t indeed go away.

It’s not something I want to live with. The noise is actually more grating than fan noise. Almost sounds like a Geiger counter or a spinning HDD constantly seeking...non stop.

My 160 made a similar noise for the first week or so but largely went away. I can still hear it if I put my ear right next to the vent, but it's definitely quieter now than before. In actual use, with the case on my desk about 3 feet from my chair, I can't hear anything. Edited by Queeg

My 160 made a similar noise for the first week or so but largely went away. I can still hear it if I put my ear right next to the vent, but it's definitely quieter now than before. In actual use, with the case on my desk about 3 feet from my chair, I can't hear anything.

I hope you are correct. Day 2 and it sounds identical. I even let it idle overnight so at this point I have almost 20 hours on it. 😬

I don’t want to wait too long then be past the return period. I’ll give it a few more days to see if I hear even an ounce of improvement. *crossing fingers*

I have an i145 and my machine has defintely "settled" since buying it. My machine was quiet at idle but seemed louder than expected during gaming. This has all gotten better by 7-8 DBA's almost 2 weeks in doing the same testing I did originally. Not sure 100% why this happened but the noise was never alarming enough to do a return.

I appreciate the feedback. I got another unit but not because of the noise. It’s because Amazon doesn’t know how to ship a $3,500 computer. Literally slapped a shipping label DIRECTLY on the product box and sent it out like that. The box was trashed, the plastic handle was torn clean off the top and the box was wrapped in tape. 😖

The replacement makes the same noise but quieter. One of the reasons I’m not picky about this noise is because this is an extremely expensive system that is specifically marketed as silent. My first machine was definitely more audibly annoying than a standard PC with case fans ironically enough.

I’m hoping over time the noise this unit exhibits will lessen. It’s my biggest gripe with the system (next to the included woefully sub-par 5400rpm 2.5” drive).

I appreciate the feedback. I got another unit but not because of the noise. It’s because Amazon doesn’t know how to ship a $3,500 computer. Literally slapped a shipping label DIRECTLY on the product box and sent it out like that. The box was trashed, the plastic handle was torn clean off the top and the box was wrapped in tape. 😖

The replacement makes the same noise but quieter. One of the reasons I’m not picky about this noise is because this is an extremely expensive system that is specifically marketed as silent. My first machine was definitely more audibly annoying than a standard PC with case fans ironically enough.

I’m hoping over time the noise this unit exhibits will lessen. It’s my biggest gripe with the system (next to the included woefully sub-par 5400rpm 2.5” drive).

Mine shipped the exact same way. The tap covered the whole box and covered the black release tabs to open it. Took me longer to unbox it then to set it up :(

Mine shipped the exact same way. The tap covered the whole box and covered the black release tabs to open it. Took me longer to unbox it then to set it up :(

That's odd. I bought mine from Amazon in May, and it shipped inside a separate box. I wonder if Amazon uses different intermediary sellers?

• 3 weeks later...