Corsair Community

K70 Multimedia keys issue

Sore_eyelids

As a major multitasker, I like to have my multimedia keys at hand. But it's no use if they don't work more than half the time.

The multimedia keys barely work lately. I use itunes to listen to music. Also I know I can switch the 'bios switch' key to sort of 'reset' it, and it works after. But I have to use the switch about once every 5-10 minutes, and then the mm keys would work.

That is just one issue. Another one is, when itunes is minimized, the mm keys don't work for it. If I bring itunes to the front and use the keys, they work fine then. If I was meant to bring itunes up every time I want to play | Pause / next, previous a song, then what's the point of the mm keys? :C

Help, anyone?!

• Corsair Employee

Definitely restart your HID service to see if the keys work.

As for the program having to be active, this is intentional as if the software is in the background, the keys won't be active for it.

Definitely restart your HID service to see if the keys work.

As for the program having to be active, this is intentional as if the software is in the background, the keys won't be active for it.

Then what's the point of having the multimedia keys altogether? If the program was active I could just click on pause play. It's exactly the same as pressing the pause / play button on the keyboard when the screen is active. :s

• Corsair Employee
I should rephrase it, sorry. The multimedia keys use the Windows HID service to function. If media players support this service, our multimedia keys will work with it active or inactive. However, if a player doesn't support the HID service, you'll find that the softwar has to be active for the keys to work (if at all).

Archived