Corsair Community

iCue Commander pro/LL120 fans lightining issues

Governor_

I have been having issues for the best part of 8 months with these LL120 fans now when they work they are great but they seem very temparmental or the iCue software, my fans will randomly show wrong colours or go black for a few mins for no reason at all flickering etc. I have replaced all the fans and the commander pro. I have tried 1 fan at a time to eliminate a faulty fan but none of this seemed to help, now I am starting to think this is just a bad firmware which I cannot roll back or anything.

I have been trying to read into this issue for months now seeing similar posts and it's always the same fans LL120 some people report the LL140 ones do the same, so my question is are these fans just bad or is it the software that's just causing these to act up. It's just very annoying this issue is still ongoing for so long and I just want to know if corsair are aware of this issue because it seems to be a lot of people having problems with this but no actual word from corsair about it besides the basic troubleshooting.

iCue version - 3.18.77

Commander pro firmware version - v.0.9.212

K95 keyboard firmware version - v.3.21.7168

Also to note I have the hydro x custom watercooling res/loop when the lighting glitches on the fans for a split second the lighting turns off on the hydro x stuff, so this leads me to believe it's a issue with iCue not the hardware.

Any help is much appreciated maybe I just need to roll back the firmware somehow but I can't find any downloads for it.

Attached 2 images below one showing the fans displaying fine and the other showing the faulty colours

image1.thumb.jpg.4eb7821b677367696b11e16233517f49.jpg

image0.thumb.jpg.0a92a94994d241fa1a880aadf2d3cbfb.jpg

Edited by Governor_

Trying the fans "1 at a time" won't let you definitively determine that they are good. You need to try them 2 at a time. The fans operate in series so it's entirely possible that a fan operates properly but doesn't pass the signal correctly.

I also did this to rule out faulty fans forgot to mention. It does seem it's tied to iCue since all all this stuff is brand new, it was doing it before on the old fans and commander pro, seems to be the firmware but I cannot revert it as I can't find any older downloads for it.

I have have this problem as well. I also have searched the forums and web extensively for a solution to no avail. I am super frustrated with this at this point. I have seen tons of complaints going back years and i am seen no official acknowledgment from CORSAIR about this.

I purchased the LL 120's because in my opinion they were the best looking RGB fans on the market. I currently have six of them and these are not cheap fans. $129.00x2. It is completely unacceptable to have an issue with the iCUE/LINK system that has gone on this long without any official statement from CORSAIR. Everything i have found on the matter points to a firmware issues. I find it hard to believe that a company like CORSAIR can't get their **** together and fix this after so many years. I should have stayed with the Thermaltake RiiNG system. Not as pretty, but at least it worked and no where near as expensive.

I have:

LL 120 x6

Lighting Node Pro

6 Port Fan Hub

4 RGB LED Strips

H150i Pro

The lighting works perfectly on everything but the fans. Get you life together CORSAIR and fix this damn thing already or refund my money for the fans.

• 2 weeks later...
I contacted Corsair support and they said they can send out a new commander pro although this isn't really a solution to the software acting up. I told them and they pretty much just said to try uninstall delete files and use CCleaner, doesn't look like we will be getting a fix truly unfortunate after spending a lot on the fans to not work as intended. There's no pattern to it some days it will work fine and other days it goes haywire rainbow vomit or no colour at all.

• 8 months later...
I have the same issue, im about to do a full hard reset on my PC because i have no other answers to this. tried replacing the rgb fan hub, the lighting node pro to commander pro in my case, also only the first 2 fans light up how they intend, anything after that i have no control i plug in all my other fans to the first 2 slots and they light up, so i dont think they are faulty. definietly some type of firmware bug