Corsair Community

Virtuoso lack of sidetone (Weak)

Hello guys, im at my wits end here with these headsets and could use a lay up.

Got the virtuoso headsets the other week and found that the side tone volume is so weak, icue has it maxed but I can hardly hear myself still and find that I'm talking so loudly that the girlfriend gets upset. this issue wasn't a problem with the void pros that I replaced it with it in the past. Its hard to describe, but there is a sidetone and I can hear myself, but its so muffled. And if I put my hands and cup the mic and I can hear that much louder.

i tried to clean re-install icue and updated all firmware wit no luck. anyone got any ideas what else I can do?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, this issue is mad annoying and I'm finding myself yelling more and more into the mic during discord calls. i tried everything I can think of and researched

1) uninstalled and clean installed ICUE ( which btw made one of my fan lights turn off....that will be for another occasions )

2) turned side tone on and max volume within corsair, the sidetone is there but unless I cup my hand on the mic I can hardly hear myself

3) tried to turn "listen to this device" in windows but the delay in sidetone is unacceptable

4) updated all firmware for the headset (which btw started to make duplicate copies of itself, wtf corsair)

love the headset to death and saved up, I know the void pro's had this bug but I cant find a solid fix even for that......need some help otherwise these are going back to the return bin.

having the same problem and the only i fix i have is powering pc off for the night and headset. when you wake up everything works for me but then when i turn my headset off and on throughout the day it happens again and its the most annoying thing in the world

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm hitting the same thing. I upgraded from a void pro which had very loud side tone. I usually left the slider at half and could hear myself perfectly.

With the virtuoso at max I can hardly hear myself at all. :[pouts:

Can someone from Corsair tell us if this can be fixed with software of firmware changes? Or is it a hardware thing that's just going to be the way it is?

Any update on this? I'd really like to know if this is something corsair can eventually fix via software changes, or if it is just the way it will be with the current hardware.

I love the headset. Music sounds good, good fit on my head, I love the auto on and off via accelerometer(even my Bose qcII wont do that right). Plus it looks a lot more profession on conference calls than the void pro.

but I absolutely cannot talk right without good side tone.

Well no one get me wrong. Still love my corsair gear. I happen to be out of the house for a while so I've been trying some other brands for more wireless options. This problem is very far from unique to Corsair.

Logitech,razer, and steelseries all have very low sidetone on their top end headsets. I really liked the idea of the "dac" on the steelseries but their wireless signal is garbage. sidetone no better.

I think the void pro's excellent sdetone (only needed to be 75% in icue) spoiled me. It was the only headset I can use without pulling one ear out.

Ill also say this. Razer is way ahead of ghub(logitech), but neither is as good as ICUE.

Oh yeah and neither headset i mentioned has audio as good and have other trade offs... usb c, no accelerometer for power on and off, etc.

• Corsair Employee
We're still looking into this issue right now, but haven't been able to reproduce it on our side. Under your mic Advanced settings, do you have both "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode to applications priority" checked? Also, what is the mic set to for sample rate above those check boxes?

Sampling doesn't change anything, but if I put the mic nearly against my mouth, then I get the amount of sidetone I'm looking for, but mic distance also affects output volume and with it that close to my mouth, it also picks up air movement and plosives too much.

I think all we (people giving feedback) want is more volume out of the sidetone setting.

Sampling doesn't change anything, but if I put the mic nearly against my mouth, then I get the amount of sidetone I'm looking for, but mic distance also affects output volume and with it that close to my mouth, it also picks up air movement and plosives too much.

I think all we (people giving feedback) want is more volume out of the sidetone setting.

Thats spot on. The side tone is there, it works, its just way to low. The sidetone volume itself has to go up meaning the people on the other end wouldn't hear that bump in volume.

The wireless void pro is a good example of this Nick. Try one of those with sidetone at max in icue. I think you'll hear what we are talking about.

A quick note Nick.

I bought another set in mocha (the new color line. I know same hardware). I'm sure to no ones surprise same "issue". The side tone is there, it works, its just not loud enough for me. The void or steelcase pro wireless at max volume on the side tone is actually TOO loud. This would be the perfect headset if I could get just a little more sidetone so I stop talking funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Nick,

On the old ICUE versions, there was an XML file that had the sidetone volume MAXED at only 25%. Editing this to 100% fixed the issue for everyone.

With the newest version of ICUE, it seems that file has vanished and the sidetone is permanently maxed at 25%

It was located in program files\corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices\profile_void_usb.xml

<maxSidetoneLevelValue>25</maxSidetoneLevelValue>

For all intents and purposes, the sidetone on the Void Elite Pro is practically useless now.

There is something in the software limiting the sidetone. I have searched through all of ICUE's install files and no option like this exists now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...