Corsair Community

The M65 should be recalled (disappointed in Corsair and shady customer support)

agontarz

I bought a white M65 Elite on Amazon. 2 months in, left clicks only 80% of the time. I contact support, wait a few weeks for a replacement. 2 months after I get it, same exact issue. Now, a regular person would want a refund - not possible, says customer support. They say this issue is "extremely rare". This is absolutely a lie, as there are hundreds of reviews and forum posts about this exact issue.

Many people are on their 5th, 6th mouse. I dont want another M65 that could fail me at any moment. I dont want a different ugly corsair mouse. I just want my money back, and I want out. Ive been buying Corsair products for years, but after seeing Corsair not take responsibility for this, I think Ill be passing on all products from here on out.

There was a weird issue with the pro's middle click. Seems like the same issue with the left click.

The issue is that the arm of the switch on the Omron switch bends, and can cause irregular contact with the switch base. They can be reshaped, if you are willing to open up the mouse and pull off the switch case.

The issue is that the arm of the switch on the Omron switch bends, and can cause irregular contact with the switch base. They can be reshaped, if you are willing to open up the mouse and pull off the switch case.

If opening up the product and replacing the switches with something more reliable is the only long-term fix, thats totally unacceptable.

My techy skills are better than average, and I could probably solder on new buttons myself. But this is a supposedly "high end" peripheral, and I want the product that I paid for. It shouldnt be a DIY adventure.

Can you demonstrate this repair? I would be interested to see it.