Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix not registering on iCUE profiles

DrBonertron

Hi folks,

I'm just getting into the world of RGB lighting, and I've gone quite heavy -- particularly with Corsair. Corsair RGB RAM, a new K100 Keyboard, Corsair lighting strips in the PC, and (as mentioned in the title) an H150i Cappelix AIO along with three more LL120 fans for a total of six. I've got some of the ambient room lighting stuff on the way, too.

Anyway, here's the problem: I really want to get some of the fancy profiles featured on Corsair's website, like the DOOM and Battlefield ones. When I import them, everything works great -- keyboard, RAM, lighting strips all load in the profiles. However, nothing shows up for the H150i, which leaves the pump and all six fans dark.

Am I doing something incorrectly here?

Those profiles all predate the release of recent products. Each device is “unique” as far as CUE lighting goes, so any time a new device is released, the profile must be redone for that device.

You can add you own complimentary lighting for the AIO. Take a look at some the effects and colors from the other devices and add (+) a lighting effect for the pump.

Things tend to get updated, but it's not a regular schedule and neither is the release of new stuff. A ton of hardware just dropped, so I imagine they are working on all of it, trying to get in all in one update.

You don't have to make your gap filler complicated. Just steal one of the colors from another device and make a static color for the pump or whatever you want. Do your new ML-elite light up with those profiles? There was an 8 LED fan before, but I am not sure the programming lines up between the old SP-Pro and new SP-Elite/ML-Elite.

If you are going heavy into the world of RGB and aren't prepared to tweak, expect to see a lot of disappointments like this.

It's still not an out of the box experience and even when you dedicate to one ecosystem there is still tweaking to be done.

My personal taste is I have found a few profiles I really like, and tried to just copy/paste effect settings to fill in the gaps on my setup and complete the profile.

• 4 months later...

First time hitting the RGB world also. Some info to share to avoid others scratching their heads..

- 4000x with 3 fans (connected to commander core)

- H150i Cappelix RGB

- Corsair RGB vengeance RAM

iCue recognizes the commander core, but once you plug in the AIO, it becomes the H150i and the core disappears. I believe this is expected behaviour so don't think your core has broken.

The Corsair profiles here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-library unfortunately don't work. You import and nothing happens to any of the fans, just changes to the RGB on RAM.

Not sure if anyone has links to Corsair H150i profiles or if Corsair about to release any software to make compatible..

• 4 weeks later...
First time hitting the RGB world also. Some info to share to avoid others scratching their heads..

- H150i Cappelix RGB

iCue recognizes the commander core, but once you plug in the AIO, it becomes the H150i and the core disappears. I believe this is expected behaviour so don't think your core has broken.

The Corsair profiles here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-library unfortunately don't work. You import and nothing happens to any of the fans, just changes to the RGB on RAM.

Not sure if anyone has links to Corsair H150i profiles or if Corsair about to release any software to make compatible..

Yeah, I have the same issue. Using QL fans all over. I have to go in to the H150i to be able to change anything and the Commander Core is gone from the ICUE

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, I have the same issue. Using QL fans all over. I have to go in to the H150i to be able to change anything and the Commander Core is gone from the ICUE

That is exactly as it is intended though and there are no issues. The Commander Core is only available with our Elite Capellix coolers and is the controlling unit for those coolers. So when the cooler is plugged into the Commander Core it will only show as the cooler in the iCUE software.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I'm just getting into the world of RGB lighting, and I've gone quite heavy -- particularly with Corsair. Corsair RGB RAM, a new K100 Keyboard, Corsair lighting strips in the PC, and (as mentioned in the title) an H150i Cappelix AIO along with three more LL120 fans for a total of six. I've got some of the ambient room lighting stuff on the way, too.

Anyway, here's the problem: I really want to get some of the fancy profiles featured on Corsair's website, like the DOOM and Battlefield ones. When I import them, everything works great -- keyboard, RAM, lighting strips all load in the profiles. However, nothing shows up for the H150i, which leaves the pump and all six fans dark.

Am I doing something incorrectly here?

Hi! As the person responsible for all of the iCUE Library I can indeed say things are being worked on. Unfortunately with so many products released recently and a huge backlock of iCUE Integrations also requiring my attention, the updates have not come as quickly as I'd like.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! As the person responsible for all of the iCUE Library I can indeed say things are being worked on. Unfortunately with so many products released recently and a huge backlock of iCUE Integrations also requiring my attention, the updates have not come as quickly as I'd like.

HI Lewis,

New to all this but how do I apply these to the games. For example Im playing Far Cry 5 at the moment. Supposely when your playing your fans/cpu should change colors depending on say fire or enemy near ect and mine wont do that on the new H150i and something with command core it comes with being too new. I really dont want to have to change this AIO out and go with a custom loop seems too much money just to get those options that use to be supported. Thoughts ideas?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
HI Lewis,

New to all this but how do I apply these to the games. For example Im playing Far Cry 5 at the moment. Supposely when your playing your fans/cpu should change colors depending on say fire or enemy near ect and mine wont do that on the new H150i and something with command core it comes with being too new. I really dont want to have to change this AIO out and go with a custom loop seems too much money just to get those options that use to be supported. Thoughts ideas?

Thanks

The profiles have to be updated to include the newer devices. At this time there is no timeline on if or when that will occur with the older games.

Edited by Corsair Notepad
Stupid spelling mistake

HI Lewis,

Thanks

Yes, as Notepad stated, this is just a matter of updating the profiles related to the game. I can't provide a timeline, but please don't change your hardware for this reason as it will be included at some point.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lewis, Notepad!

I too have gone all Corsair in a new build, and am very keen to see these game profiles updated (Far Cry 5, and particularly Metro Exodus now the PC Enhanced Edition is out).

I have QL fans everywhere - only the keyboard and RAM light up, and I cannot see any profiles anywhere to edit.

Game integration is a key reason for me going all Corsair, so hoping there will be more of it, along with updates to old profiles and SDK integration ...

Cheers

Doogz

- H150i Cappelix RGB

Hi all

I have also tried these profiles, and have the same result ... only the RAM and keyboard light up ... none of my QL's (on the H150i Elite, and also on a separate Lighting Node Core light up). I have:

• 5000D Airflow
  • H150i Elite
  • 7 x QL120's (6 of them on H150i controller, 1 on a Commander Pro with Lighting Node)
  • 3 x ML120 RGB's (these are the ones that came with the H150i - I have them in push/pull on the radiator)
  • Dominator Platinum RAM (White)
  • K70 keyboard,
  • M65 Mouse
  • The latest iCue 4.10.x I think it is ...

From a lighting perspective the H150i Elite controller handles the three front fans, and the 3 on the underside of the rad. The Commander Pro with Lighting Node handles the RBG for the QL120 rear exhaust, and the 3 x ML's in pull on top of the radiator. Hopefully that wiring makes sense, happy to revisit though ...

The very latest Cyberpunk profiles work brilliantly on everything. The older profiles - some work, some dont (eg Nuclear, Titanium, Brimstone). iCue crashes on import for some of them. For others (eg Cobalt), it half worked and then I copied/pasted the lighting effects to the other devices - then the whole profile worked. I cant copy and paste the effects in other profiles thought

With Metro Exodus (and with SDK enabled), only the keyboard, mouse and RAM light up as expected. None of the fans light - maybe the pump head does ... that's it. Far Cry 5 is exactly the same. I'm on the latest iCue, and all devices have the latest firmware.

Reading the internet, is seems like the profiles (or SDK) are not aware of the very latest products (eg QL fans, H150i Elite). I cannot see any way of editing the games profile (I actually cant find it anywhere), and I cant see if/where to import.

Any tips on how to resolve these issues?

Cheers

Doogz

Hi all

I have also tried these profiles, and have the same result ... only the RAM and keyboard light up ... none of my QL's (on the H150i Elite, and also on a separate Lighting Node Core light up). I have:

• 5000D Airflow
  • H150i Elite
  • 7 x QL120's (6 of them on H150i controller, 1 on a Commander Pro with Lighting Node)
  • 3 x ML120 RGB's (these are the ones that came with the H150i - I have them in push/pull on the radiator)
  • Dominator Platinum RAM (White)
  • K70 keyboard,
  • M65 Mouse
  • The latest iCue 4.10.x I think it is ...

From a lighting perspective the H150i Elite controller handles the three front fans, and the 3 on the underside of the rad. The Commander Pro with Lighting Node handles the RBG for the QL120 rear exhaust, and the 3 x ML's in pull on top of the radiator. Hopefully that wiring makes sense, happy to revisit though ...

The very latest Cyberpunk profiles work brilliantly on everything. The older profiles - some work, some dont (eg Nuclear, Titanium, Brimstone). iCue crashes on import for some of them. For others (eg Cobalt), it half worked and then I copied/pasted the lighting effects to the other devices - then the whole profile worked. I cant copy and paste the effects in other profiles thought

With Metro Exodus (and with SDK enabled), only the keyboard, mouse and RAM light up as expected. None of the fans light - maybe the pump head does ... that's it. Far Cry 5 is exactly the same. I'm on the latest iCue, and all devices have the latest firmware.

Reading the internet, is seems like the profiles (or SDK) are not aware of the very latest products (eg QL fans, H150i Elite). I cannot see any way of editing the games profile (I actually cant find it anywhere), and I cant see if/where to import.

Any tips on how to resolve these issues?

Cheers

Doogz

Hi Doogz,

I had the same problem, not anymore!

Alex Krastev has updated a big part of his profiles to be compatible with all the latest Corsair hardware. Search for his update #3.

You can find him at Patreon.com. I use them every day and they are very nice.

I hope this helped.

Best,

Yes, as Notepad stated, this is just a matter of updating the profiles related to the game. I can't provide a timeline, but please don't change your hardware for this reason as it will be included at some point.

Schwitz,

Your Cyberpunk profiles are excellent!

Have you updated anything else?

Thank you

Hi Doogz,

I had the same problem, not anymore!

Alex Krastev has updated a big part of his profiles to be compatible with all the latest Corsair hardware. Search for his update #3.

You can find him at . I use them every day and they are very nice.

I hope this helped.

Best,

Hi Andy

Thanks ... I will check these out.

Another question to all if I may ... are QL Fans supported on the Commander Core that came with the H150i Elite cooler? I put the ML's that came with the kit on to a separate Lighting Node Core, and attached the QL's to the Commander Core. QL's are selectable as an option, but not sure if they are fully supported.

I had 3 x ML's and 1 x QL on that LNC ... also not sure if that fan type mismatch is the source of the profiles and game SDK's not working...

Cheers

Doogz

Hi Andy

Thanks ... I will check these out.

Another question to all if I may ... are QL Fans supported on the Commander Core that came with the H150i Elite cooler? I put the ML's that came with the kit on to a separate Lighting Node Core, and attached the QL's to the Commander Core. QL's are selectable as an option, but not sure if they are fully supported.

I had 3 x ML's and 1 x QL on that LNC ... also not sure if that fan type mismatch is the source of the profiles and game SDK's not working...

Cheers

Doogz

Hi Doogz,

I confirm that the QL fans are compatible with the Core. I have done exactly the same thing. I took out the ML that came with and bought 6 QL (4 140s and 2 120s). The only thing that you must be aware of is that all fans on the same channel must be of the same type (QL, ML, LL etc).

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Hi Andy

I grabbed some of Alex's profiles - thanks for the tip.

On initial import only half the profile works ... the RAM, Keyboard, mouse and pump header IIRC. The fan RGB profiles do not work initially. Sometimes I can copy and paste the effects (eg from the pump header to the fans), but this does not work for all. I can get the QL's on the CoCo to work (mostly), but having trouble with the ML's on the CoPro.

Could it be how I've wired the RGB?

I am thinking of moving the 3 xML's and 1 x QL to the CoCo (you mentioned that I can mix and match fan types on the CoCo/H150i Elite). I would then put 6 x QL's on the LNC connected to the CoPro. I have the CoCo on one internal Mobo USB header, and the CoPro on another. The LNC connects to the CoPro. I have a spare USB header on the CoPro, so could plug the CoCo into that (?).

Also, wondering if this is related to the bloody X570 AMD USB issues - Asus's mobo updates dont really seem to address this.

Getting closer, but no cigar yet! Funnily enough, the Metro Exodus SDK profile has started to work better (I dont know why) ... the QL's on the CoCo now work, but the ML's on the Co Pro dont ...

Hmmm!

Doogz