Corsair Community

Amending US Profiles for UK

TenaciousDougie

Hello forum,

Hopefully a quick simple, answer.

Can anyone explain very simply how I am able to adjust import profiles that have been created on a US layout and as such a UK layout will not display any lighting effect for the "#" key or "\"?

I'm not a big fan of the software and honestly would not know where to begin in adding the same effects present on every other key to these two. Slightly OCD when it comes to these things so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

This is yet another stupid thing that is now getting on my nerves about this keyboard. It really REALLY should be handled automatically by the software but there's so much else wrong with this software. I have this really nice random rainbow effect from this http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=137489 thread but alas its for a keyboard missing the \ and # keys. Come on CORSAIR. And on this profile undet the lighting tab (the one above the keyboard photo NOT the very top) I just right clicked the \ and added it to a group and the same with the #

• 4 weeks later...
The issue is automation isnt that easy. For some profiles it can be done but there are random profiles out there that really cant be automated. I will work on a fix but right now a lot of software changes might be coming so ive held off on making anything solid.

Thanks! To be fair, it is a minor niggle which does escape my attention most of the time however can still be a tiny bit deflating when looking down at the board and seeing two unlit keys in a wash of rainbow effects.

Fingers crossed for the future and a speedy resolution to this problem.

The problem is that the keyboard layouts are physically different. Keys that exist on the UK layout don't exist on the US layout, so when someone makes a profile on the US layout and exports it, there aren't any lighting settings to import for those keys.

Your best bet is to modify the profile yourself after importing it.

• 3 months later...
This is yet another stupid thing that is now getting on my nerves about this keyboard. It really REALLY should be handled automatically by the software but there's so much else wrong with this software. I have this really nice random rainbow effect from this http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=137489 thread but alas its for a keyboard missing the \ and # keys. Come on CORSAIR. And on this profile undet the lighting tab (the one above the keyboard photo NOT the very top) I just right clicked the \ and added it to a group and the same with the #

I added that one and found quite a few keys were not lighting, off the top of my head was the Tilde (~) key, the right hand windows key, the F10 key, the backslash key, and on the tenkey both the 1 and the forward slash wasn't lighting, so I went onto the lighting tab on the profile and clicked through the groups and when I found a group of keys that didn't have a grouped key near one of the non-lighting keys, I just right clicked the key and added it to the group.

I did this so that the random effect stays random, you don't want to add the tilde key to a group that contains the @ key, else you'll have two keys right next to each other with the exact same colour!

I added that one and found quite a few keys were not lighting, off the top of my head was the Tilde (~) key, the right hand windows key, the F10 key, the backslash key, and on the tenkey both the 1 and the forward slash wasn't lighting, so I went onto the lighting tab on the profile and clicked through the groups and when I found a group of keys that didn't have a grouped key near one of the non-lighting keys, I just right clicked the key and added it to the group.

I did this so that the random effect stays random, you don't want to add the tilde key to a group that contains the @ key, else you'll have two keys right next to each other with the exact same colour!

But if it's done automatically in the software and it is the same colour its 100% better than NO colour or no lights, I can assure you of that.

But if it's done automatically in the software and it is the same colour its 100% better than NO colour or no lights, I can assure you of that.

You are right, I'm just OCD, I wanted it to look as random as possible :)

Archived