Corsair Community

Limited Software Control in iCue settings for 150i Elite

revlisoft

• Corsair Employee

Hey revlisoft, that's a great question. Here's a snippet from when we introduced it:

"When Limited Software Mode is enabled, iCUE stops real time control of the device and all features that are modifiable will only consist of what the hardware can support (i.e., Hardware Lighting only, sensor defaults to Coolant only, etc.). The purpose of this feature is to address the need of users who want their cooler to operate in standalone mode with limited software interaction."

• 1 month later...
Hey revlisoft, that's a great question. Here's a snippet from when we introduced it:

"When Limited Software Mode is enabled, iCUE stops real time control of the device and all features that are modifiable will only consist of what the hardware can support (i.e., Hardware Lighting only, sensor defaults to Coolant only, etc.). The purpose of this feature is to address the need of users who want their cooler to operate in standalone mode with limited software interaction."

Thanks. So it's to prevent iCue from messing with the h150i too much and "limit" it's overall control to prevent something bad from happening if the software (iCue) goes haywire?