Corsair Community

thinking about splitting the AIO header

BGA

Good morning my friends, after a long drawn out process , my H150I PRO XT has been RMA’D and the new one is working like a pro!

That being said, I have after market Nocuta NF-A12x25’s , was thinking about splitting the AIO header, with the Nocuta Y cble’s so I can have full control of the “Push -Pull” Config that I have rocking.

Anyone have any issues with this? I was worried about Current Draw, but that being said the Nocuta’s even say the cheaper Redux versions, take much less power, So i would like to think it wouldn’t be an issue?

That also being said, i don’t want to RMA this a dam thing AGAIN , LOL

Any help is appreciated

Edited by BGA
Cooling, AIO fan splitter , h150

From an amperage total, it is likely OK. However, that also means you would be pairing an A12 with ML120 on each fan channel and the XT controller does PWM %. This is likely going to give you different fan speeds on each side of the radiator. That's not a critical problem, but it tends to make funny noises when the speeds are too far apart and might be less than what you hoped for.

Using triple splitters (ML on ch 1, A12 on ch 2) would address that, but sometimes triples just don't work on Corsair controllers and it ups the amperage per channel.

A more elaborate work around would be to use a PWM repeater to off-load some of the fans. You could put the 3x A12 on Ch 1 & 2, then connection the PWM hub to Ch 3. Run the 3 ML from that and its own SATA power supply. Still have direct software control over all fans.