The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM

POST ID # = 692663
Im_not_sue Reputation: 10

That's fine, but mine didn't and I still had the driver problem (booming audio) and didnt want to sit through customer service rigamarole and/or wait weeks for a driver update. Good luck to ya, though.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 AM
astelmack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 692864
astelmack Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasSmith87 View Post
I had a pair of v1 until they recently broke. So I went to the store and bought the v2's without hesitation and they sound just awful. The bass is distorted, everything sounds muddy like I am listening through a sock.

I am running windows 8.1 have the 2.0 drivers installed (I know I dont get surround for now). I have also tried installing the 1.1 drivers like I had with my v1's and I still cant get anywhere near the same sound quality. It's like all high range response is just missing.

What can I do to make these sound like the v1's or are the v2's just a lower quality device? I can't even make them sound as good as a pair of earbuds plugged into the onboard audio (which is how I am playing games now).
it's true, v2s are too much bassy

Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM

POST ID # = 692963
Visible Reputation: 10

Its not the V2's, it's the drivers, for music I use Razer Surround which gives really good sound quality but seems to glitch in 7.1 surround (glitchy response) for some games, but for music and nonfps gaming its the way to go, im amazed that they released a product without even finishing drivers so they would work properly..

Still, the Razer Surround drivers give superior sound quality over Corsairs drivers

Last edited by Visible; 01-16-2014 at 07:45 PM.