The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2020, 07:12 AM

POST ID # = 1034922
OneOwnerSydney Reputation: 10

OK, everything was going well until around 1:30am when all of a sudden the system started getting highly unstable and crashing.

Black screen, big surges in fans, system hanging etc. Was too late to do any further investigation, however, on the last crash, a green artifact line appeared across the bottom of the screen...

BINGO, we have a shot PCI Riser Cable in here!

Next day I pulled the graphics card out and the PSU, which gave me access to pull the factory PCI riser out. It's folded like origami and there's little wonder why it would be playing up, cant imagine being folded over itself so drastically would be good for it.

A trip to the PC hardware store and purchased a Phanteks 300mm Ultra Slim PCi 16x riser. I tried desperately across Sydney to get the fabric covered cable, but could only get the rubber risers...

So... I was doubting i could fold it and make it work. However, with the mrs hairdryer in hand, I set about heating up the cable and gently manipulating it into the required folds. A quick install and away we went, not a single hang, crash or black screen since. 5 hours of clean fault free operation!

So the end result....

CORSAIR FRANKEN-ONE PLUS

- ASUS ROG Z390i MOBO
- Corsair 750W PSU
- INTEL i9-9900k CPU
- 64GB DDR4 RAM
- 2 x 1TB M.2 Samsung Drives
- ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti 11GB

Was it worth it? I have invested just over $3,000 AUD into the new build, compared to dropping another $5,600 AUD on a factory new Corsair One Pro. So with the $2,600 spare money I have in my pocket, I have upgraded to an Oculus Rift S and some other nice hardware.

MOST IMPORTANTLY....

Corsair does not get a single cent of my money, after the woeful and downright disgraceful customer support they provided with my Corsair One Pro i7-7700k system (which has now been re-birthed as the Franken-One PLUS) as i could not purchase a replacement GPU side radiator and AIO pump.

For the sake of a $350 radiator and pump - Corsair.... what are you thinking!

Don't figure I will be buying another Corsair One again!

Last edited by OneOwnerSydney; 02-13-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 1034936
zguy85 Reputation: 10

Sydney, man so happy to hear one of us out there doing such an extensive and successful modification. Great job man. I to have an original C1 with a 7700k 1080 gtx. Was thinking the same. Better to buy again or just upgrade. I'm definitely disappointed in my multiple attempts getting replacement parts for my C1. I really like the end product, but lack of proper CUSTOMER SERVICE absolutely outweighs everything else.

Corsair was going strong the first couple years when the C1 launched, but the supports consistancy greatly diminished. This speaks volumes.

Last edited by zguy85; 02-13-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:55 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034953
MyPC8MyBrain Reputation: 10

i think corsair are aware of their faults when it comes to supporting systems,
prob why they bought origin pc company as extension of dealing with the issue,
maybe in the near future we can buy these custom builds directly from their new origin pc division?

Old 02-14-2020, 08:48 AM

POST ID # = 1035009

The case external design is brilliant and it captured my attention and wallet, but refusing to provide C1 owners with access to parts, it’s inexcusable.

Upgrading your C1 is not without challenges. You will find that there’s little to no space in this case, so thermals are a challenge.

I’ve upgraded the top fan to the 3,000rpm Noctura and it’s helped with cooling.

I am now checking out some ultra-thin radiators and will design a Rad/AIO solution for the RTX 2080 Ti.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:38 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035041

the problem is with their heavily integrated circuits,
for example the Rad we switched on the i160 circuits are integrated with the GPU pump,
meaning they are daisy chained and hard wired to each other,
the miniature engineering in the case makes it very tricky swapping parts or fitting new ones in it,
to be fair not many out there despite their willingness too can perform such upgrade with ease let alone allow Corsair to assists in the process,

Old 02-14-2020, 04:43 PM

POST ID # = 1035048

I’m looking at modifying the following;

https://www.amazon.com.au/XSPC-TX240.../dp/B07FNXCLCJ

Remove the two outlets from the bottom of the rad - which are soldered into position) and machine up and insert two outlets on the side, as per the factory shipped rads. Then couple radiator to an off the shelf Corsair AIO with appropriate length plumbing.

The next task is to engineer a HG10 (Corsair) style assembly for the 2080, incorporating heat sink and blower to cool the VRMs.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:55 AM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035091

the rad space is tight, you'll need brackets to mount to the side of the panel,
i doubt you will be able to fit an aftermarket rad there,
you need to come out from the sides not the front,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPC8MyBrain View Post
we also have i160 with Z390-I and few other upgrades

Last edited by MyPC8MyBrain; 02-15-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:24 PM

POST ID # = 1036049
nox_uk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPC8MyBrain View Post
it’s not off the shelf or a simple mod, it’s one of a kind custom built! (similar to the first ONE build i posted on this thread)
the old Corsair ONE 240mm (or i160 GPU side) rad fits there like a glove with no physical mods required to the case or existing layout,

the locking pins at the top of the rad can be pushed out with a paperclip on either side to release a double O-ring plug for swapping and or refilling the loop,

are those any sort of 'standard' connectors or bespoke Corsair items? wondering if a single loop C1 would ever be viable (so gpu usable under linux)

Old 02-25-2020, 05:35 PM
MyPC8MyBrain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036051

Corsair parts are bespoke but still interchangeable among themselves,
you could unplug any i160 GPU side rad and swap it with the cpu side rad with no extra parts required beside refiling and bleeding the air out the loop,