Corsair Community

Best Corsair RAM for performance.

vishnuy009

The first link offers the best performance IF your laptop can operate memory at 1600. Also, if your laptop can accept 2 modules, 2 x 4GB will offer better performance in memory intensive operations.

On most laptops, you'll never see the difference between any of the 3 modules you listed.

The first link offers the best performance IF your laptop can operate memory at 1600. Also, if your laptop can accept 2 modules, 2 x 4GB will offer better performance in memory intensive operations.

On most laptops, you'll never see the difference between any of the 3 modules you listed.

Hi

Thanks. But how can you tell first one offers the maximum performance since it has a higher CAS latency compared to other two. (I believe CAS with lower is always good, Right?)

I am having a samsung laptop. Will this accept 2 modules as you said?

Thanks for the help.

You will have to verify yourself if you have 1 memory slot or 2.

As for the memory, the first module is 1600C10. The second is 1600C11. In this case, 10 is better than 11.

Hi

So, are you telling like CAS is not significant? Please be kind enough to tell whats dis 1600C10 and 1600C11. I dont know the technical difference. In my case, my laptop has three DDR3 RAM slots.

Thank you.

Lower latency means your CPU waits less time for data sitting in the RAM. 1600C10 is faster than 1600C11

CAS LATENCY

What is making the confusion is, for the first RAM (1600C10 as you mentioned) CAS is 10-10-10-27 whereas for the second RAM 1600C11 CAS is 9-9-9-24. and you are telling first RAM with 10-10-10-27 is better than second.

How a CAS 10 will be better than CAS 9?

Archived