Corsair Community

CoPro and 10 fans

Baio

I konw it's something Corsair advices against... but what if some of those 10 fans would be connected to a self powered hub?

I mean, CoPro has 6 ports for RPM control... if I get a hub with its own power connection, would I be able to connect (let's say) 6 fans to that hub and then the hub to the Copro without losing RPM control?

Obviously I know all the 6 fans will rotate at the same RPM, but this wouldn't be a problem.

And if it's possible, what hub would you suggest?

Thanks.

Baio

beware... the xspc version is hard to find now and they also do an RGB version that looks identical but is for splitting RGB not Fan Power...

Correct.

For example in my country Amaz*n sells the RGB Hub only... but I found it elsewhere.

The real problem will be tucking it (and some RPM extension cable) in the back of my case! :laughing:

Baio

Sorry Zotty... just to be sure, this cable should also work?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B008PO4X2E/?coliid=I10A3WF5DQ7DP2&colid=7351UIXW6PK3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

It's self powered (so won't burn CoPro ports) and should allow the RPM control by iCUE...

My goal is to divide the 10 fans into 3 groups and control each group via the CoPro plugging 1 group in 1 port.

Baio

Edited by Baio

i cant vouch for it and i personally don't like the look of it dude

Well, I agree the look is horrible... but I can hide them totally.

But I'm facing space issues in my case and buying 3 fan hubs (like Xspc) makes me waste a lot of space. Moreover it's impossible to find hubs with less than 10 ports... and I'd need 3 hubs with 3 ports each, so 7 ports will be unused. Not good.

In any case let's clean the field... every CoPro port supports a maximum of 2 fans for RPM control because it can't deliver enough power for more than 2 fans per channel. But if the fans have a proper powering drawing power not from the CoPro but directly from the PSU, there should be no problem for the CoPro to control RPM of more than 2 fans.

That is the question I can't get through.

Baio

Thanks man,you can find many identical models of that hub, but there’s only the 10 ports version. A 3-4 ports version would be perfect for me, but nobody does it.

I think I’m gonna try the Alaska cable (also Gelid does a similar one) and see if it works.

Baio