Corsair Community

One of my 6 fans is not working

Xirado

Hey,

Idk if thats the right forum.

I've recently bought 4 SP 120 mm fans and 2 SP 140 mm fans and everything is working fine except on one 140mm SP Fan the Lighting does not work correctly. Changing the port does nothing. It is always lighting blue and very very dark (Hard to see) If i turn off all Lighting in the ICUE Software it still lights blue. (Also very dark). Is it possible that there is a bad ground or something? Or that the cable does not work correctly? Amazon is sending me a new one but i don't know if it might be the Lighting Node Core because if i put Fan 1 in Port 6 or Fan 4 in Port 5 it doesn't light up (As if the fans remember what ports they were on?). It's really strange so idk. Maybe you can help me if not i gotta wait another 2 weeks for my Fan :P

so... 3 fans in front.. 2 fans up top.. 1 fan in the rear.. assuming the front 3 fans are 1 to 3 on the LNC and the top fans are 4 and 5.. 6 being in the rear,,, which fan does your problem start with?

Yes i have 3x 120mm in the front, 1x 120mm in the rear and 2x 140mm on top. One of the two on top is the one not working. It's plugged into the top port on the left side of the Node. It's only this one everything else is working flawlessly

Also, i just noticed that the Port, where the broken fan is connected to, is also dead (or it seems) because any other fan in that port will not work. So the Fan and the Port is broken. That's a very good start!

to help you deduct a possible bad fan. the fans rgb forms a daisy chain.. fan 1 passes data to fan 2... fan 2 passes data to fan 3 and so on.... most likely this issue would be a bad fan rather than a bad LNC.. although it is possible... on the LNC you have to use the ports in order.. you can not miss one out, so when testing bear that in mind

if for instance if it fan 5 that is at fault.. it may light up fine but it may make fan 6 fail to light up correctly...

Edited by Zotty

to help you deduct a possible bad fan. the fans rgb forms a daisy chain.. fan 1 passes data to fan 2... fan 2 passes data to fan 3 and so on.... most likely this issue would be a bad fan rather than a bad LNC.. although it is possible... on the LNC you have to use the ports in order.. you can not miss one out, so when testing bear that in mind

if for instance if it fan 5 that is at fault.. it may light up fine but it may make fan 6 fail to light up correctly...

Oh okay that makes sense. So it is the fan that's not working... It's in the "last" port (top left)