Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2020, 09:52 PM
CrypticDan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033439
CrypticDan Reputation: 10
Default QL fan effect not transitioning properly

I've just added a 4th QL140 fan to my case as a front intake and will be adding another 2 in the near future to populate all fan slots in my case.

I've played around with a few effects in iCUE, but I've the 'Infinity' effect isn't in the correct orientation when the effect transitions from the top fans to the front fan. Maybe this will change once I populate the rest of the fan slots? - As there will be more fans for the effect to transition through.

I'm more than happy to upload a video showing the issue.

My fan configuration -
Fan #1 front intake (newest purchased)
Fan #2 top exhaust
Fan #3 top exhaust
Fan #4 rear exhaust
Fans 5 and 6 will also be a front intake when I purchase them, but they'll be connected as fans #1 and #2 so fans 1, 2 and 3 will be intakes, 4, 5 and 6 will be exhausts.

I initially purchased a dual pack with the Lighting Node CORE, and will be purchasing 4 more single packs to fill up all fan slots in my case. The first 3 fans I purchased (dual pack and single fan) were all manufactured in week 37 of 2019, and the one I've just added was manufactured in week 36 of 2019 if that helps.

All fans are in the same orientation with the barcode/ serial number facing the left side panel of the case. Rotating the fan causes other effects like 'Pong' to be in the wrong orientation.

Switching all the fans around on the Lighting Node CORE didn't help either - whichever fan is connected to port #1 is not lining up properly with the 'infinity' effect, that makes me think it's either Infinity effect itself, or just iCUE misbehaving. Before I added the 4th fan, the infinity effect was fine transitioning from the rear fan to the top 2 fans.

All the other effects line up fine, it's just the infinity effect that seems to have an issue. I've submitted a feature request thread where I mention this issue, but thought I'd post a main thread about it in case others have this issue. I've also updated to iCUE ver. 3.24.52 and this issue is still present.

Is there anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have an idea on what's actually happening here?

Last edited by CrypticDan; 02-02-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Tags
effect, icue, infinity, ql