The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Ambient Lighting

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2020, 10:21 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032310
kobrah Reputation: 10
Angry LS100 Video Lighting Stops working

Has anyone experienced issues with Video lighting where it stops working ? I have to either force it offline (via force firmware upgrade) or deleting the lighting channel and re-adding.

I attached a screenshot on i currently have this configured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotation 2020-01-21 202030.jpg (62.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 01-22-2020, 08:06 AM
opop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032353
opop Reputation: 10

yes, I have to exit icue and reopen it, its a fidgety little thing
Old 01-22-2020, 01:41 PM

POST ID # = 1032409
xMacias Reputation: 20

Are there any conditions where it stops working like that?
Next time it happens, could you go to the Settings page in iCUE, export a Logs file, and upload it?
Old 01-24-2020, 05:50 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032702

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMacias View Post
Are there any conditions where it stops working like that?
Next time it happens, could you go to the Settings page in iCUE, export a Logs file, and upload it?
Haven't pinpointed any specific condition where it stops working like that. I'll keep an eye out.

It just recently happened.
Logs attached. Thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: zip icue.zip (211.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by kobrah; 01-24-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032731

just ran 3dmark stress test, 20 full screen passes. Video Lighting channel frozen.

attached the exported logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip after fullscreen bench.zip (231.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-26-2020, 11:07 AM
opop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032853

heres my logs, video lighting stopped working after gaming session
Attached Files
File Type: zip video lighting stopped working.zip (56.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:47 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033050

has anyone had any luck or input on what's the next step. having invested on something that is buggy af is disappointing.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:37 AM
opop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033115

unfortunately that just seems like the corsair icue way, unless you're already in the corsair ecosystem of products return it for a nzxt hue or something.

the value we get from the LS100 is that at least all this **** is consolidated in one buggy app instead of multiple RGB apps.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:11 AM
Djiezes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033611
Djiezes Reputation: 10

Yes, I have the same issue. Restarting icue or updating the firmware fixes it, but that's not a good experience.

I hope to see a fix soon, this is quite disappointing. Logs in attach
Attached Files
File Type: zip CUELogs.zip (22.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-03-2020, 06:07 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033783

opened a support ticket, got approved for a RMA without any questions on the issue....
Old 02-05-2020, 07:01 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1033950
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi, this has been brought to my attention. Users shouldn't be forcing an update to resolve the issue, this isn't a good workaround. We will investigate by reviewing your logs. I see that users are reporting this occurs during benchmark testing. There can be adverse effects when trying to do CPU-related tasks while running a benchmark. Please also list the games you are playing, and the version of drivers you're using for GPU as well so we can try to simulate in the lab.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Last edited by Corsair James; 02-05-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:16 AM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi, this has been brought to my attention. Users shouldn't be forcing an update to resolve the issue, this isn't a good workaround. We will investigate by reviewing your logs. I see that users are reporting this occurs during benchmark testing. There can be adverse effects when trying to do CPU-related tasks while running a benchmark. Please also list the games you are playing, and the version of drivers you're using for GPU as well so we can try to simulate in the lab.

Hi James,

The issue occurs in different scenarios, at initial boot up of the OS, after playing a game, running full screen RDP , browsing the web and etc. I just happened to be running a benchmark for another reason and wanted to document what was the scenario at the moment of failure .

GPU drivers: 442.19 (happened in previous driver version as well)
Games: COD Modern Ware fare, APEX Legends, Doom, Escape from Tarkov, Battlefield 1 &5, GTA V and Need for speed : Heat

Additional info: recently wiped my boot drive and reinstalled windows using the latest media from Microsoft, build 1909. Previous windows install was the same build and was up to date as well.

Monitor: Samsung CGR9 at 120hz with gsync enabled for full screen only.
Also, running an extension kit for the light strips due to the size of the monitor. Since their is no initial support for Ultra wide, I’m running the hardware lighting as if it was a dual monitor setup.

I was trying to look at anything that stands out. Could you provide the process name that would show up that handled the actual screen capturing for the video ambient lighting ?

Last edited by kobrah; 02-06-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
Old 02-08-2020, 07:54 PM

POST ID # = 1034452
drucejnr Reputation: 10

Hi, not to hijack this thread but I also want to ad some input - I came home from a week away and everything was working fine. I saw I had GPU drivers to update (Geforce 442.19 was the update) and ever since then I am now only getting 1 short strip and half a long strip to work. I have 6 strips in total (4 short, 2 long) and no matter what I do I can only get 1.5 strips to work. Again, this only started after updating my GPU drivers.

Restarting my PC, closing iCue and restarting it and unplugging the device with the PC off and going through all that does not fix the problem. Even force updating firmware doesn't help.

The only thing that has changed in the last week is my GPU drivers so I suspect there is a conflict going on between them and iCue.

Hope this info can help.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:59 AM
rascaluk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034506
rascaluk Reputation: 10
Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I've had the some problem with Pubg, Forza Horizon and BF4. It doesn't always happen though. If I edit the profile (remove and re-add the effect) it works fine - so you don't have to reset the service or force firmware etc.

It actually appears to default to my desktop wallpaper's colours, as if it's ignoring anything dynamic in the Fullscreen window.

Nvidia driver 442.19
Old 02-09-2020, 01:17 PM
kobrah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034529

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascaluk View Post
I've had the some problem with Pubg, Forza Horizon and BF4. It doesn't always happen though. If I edit the profile (remove and re-add the effect) it works fine - so you don't have to reset the service or force firmware etc.

It actually appears to default to my desktop wallpaper's colours, as if it's ignoring anything dynamic in the Fullscreen window.

Nvidia driver 442.19
I’ve noticed the same behavior in regards to defaulting to wallpaper, as if the process got stuck after login at some point. This makes it difficult to catch the issue right away since it makes you think it’s working.