Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2019, 02:12 AM
Dcmegacab's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025096
Dcmegacab Reputation: 10
Default RMX 1000 or Ax 1000?

Hi. I am building a new Threadripper workstation and I am trying to decide on a PSU. I am looking at the RMX 1000 Watt PSU versus the AX 1000 and the Ax/Axi 1000/1200.

My system build is listed. I'm running dual channel RAM. On the PSU calculator I am calculating 800 watt draw at maximum load. At the price point of the RMX 1000 versus the Ax/Axi 1000/1200, the AX/Axi series being double the price. What am I getting for double the price. Is it worth it for me to get the Ax/Axi series 1200/1000 watt PSU or will the RMX do fine?

I anticipate I will be getting some fan throttling with the RMX 1000 PSU during load, which probably would not be happening as much with the AX/Axi series PSU's.

How much more system stability am I going to be getting with the AX 1000 PSU series than the RMX 1000 Watt series?

Will I be getting significant overclocking stability with the AX series as opposed to the RMX series?

From what I hear a power supply is very important in the system build and I would like to choose wisely.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:03 AM
Nazgul's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025098
Nazgul Reputation: 7

Nowadays when it comes to PSU, you have these metal names for them, but I think you'll be more than fine with the RM, considering that is high quality and I've own mine since 2015 and used it for my current build but I thought I was going to need a new one but no.

RM is Gold, AX is Titanium and for wattage, no difference, 1000W is 1000W, so for that, I'd probably look into this article: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/wh...ean,36721.html