The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Black Edition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986931
Black Edition Reputation: 10
Thumbs down Dark Core RGB double-click issue

Hi,

I ran away from Razer and Logitech, hoping Corsair would make my life a lot easier.

My new Dark Core RGB is no more than 4 days old and im already noticing a couple of issues out of the box.

The only thing that is making it hard for me to continue using this mouse is the left double-clicking issue. It started happening quite often after the first or second day of use.

It happens with both wireless and wired mode. Tried switching from a hardware profile to a software profile, and also tried closing iCUE and using a HW profile, but it doesn't affect anything. I even plugged the USB cable/dongle to different USB ports on my computer (making sure it's an Intel USB controller) but nothing is helping.

Im running all latest updates. iCUE v3.10.125, mouse firmware v3.19.

Do I have a defective unit? Hopefully I can find a solution here because I rather not return this as it was an international shipping from Amazon, which will take a while to get a replacement and send them the defective one. They may also make me pay for shipping when returning my unit, which is going to cost more than the mouse itself.

Last edited by Black Edition; 12-25-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986999
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

I've noticed others getting quirks in their functionality with their mice after a fw update. For me, I had to delete my old profiles, and redo them to address my issues.

Do a hard reset, and if necessary, also delete and redo your default profile.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:46 PM
Black Edition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987050

I did a hard reset, created a new profile, but that didn't fix the double click issue.

Anything else I can try? I really don't want to send this back for replacement because I have just confirmed that Amazon will only refund up to $25 in return shipping costs, and im definitely going to pay probably double than that amount (international shipping).

I also have the same double click issue happening with my K70 LUX keyboard. Is this a software issue or simply bad quality products??? I only thought Razer suffered from this thing.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:00 AM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987438

Easy way to test is to plug them into another machine. Does it also do this when connected via BT? (BT mode won't be using iCUE drivers)

Old 12-29-2018, 06:01 AM
Black Edition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis3 View Post
Easy way to test is to plug them into another machine. Does it also do this when connected via BT? (BT mode won't be using iCUE drivers)
I haven't tested my mouse in bluetooth mode, will do that and reply soon.

Unfortunately I don't have another machine to test on.

This double clicking issue started previously with my mechanical Razer keyboard, so I just thought it was a bad quality on their end because of the other issues I faced with previous Razer products. I moved to Corsair K70 and the same thing started happening after a short time.

And now this new Corsair mouse is suffering from this issue too right out of the box. But I never had (or at least I don't remember having) double clicking issue with my previous Razer & Logitech mice.

Could this just be a software issue??? Unfortunately im not ready to do a clean installation. I know that my Win7 installation is very old (somewhere between 2011-2013) and I have upgraded to Win10 in 2016 or 2017.

But this can't be an issue related to software...I mean why would something be causing this?

Old 12-29-2018, 04:29 PM
emilywife's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987491
emilywife Reputation: 10

in my case the double click issue is related to the firmware (m65 rgb pro).

with 3.05 it works correctly, 2.xx has the issue. 3.06 simply makes the mouse stop functioning (but it's another story).

don't be surprised that other vendors hardware have similar quirks - most of the internal components all these brands use are the exactly same, and from the same factories.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Black Edition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987493

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilywife View Post
in my case the double click issue is related to the firmware (m65 rgb pro).

with 3.05 it works correctly, 2.xx has the issue. 3.06 simply makes the mouse stop functioning (but it's another story).

don't be surprised that other vendors hardware have similar quirks - most of the internal components all these brands use are the exactly same, and from the same factories.
Where can I find older firmware versions so I can test that? I googled this but couldn't find a place that lists previous firmware downloads.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:23 AM
emilywife's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987539
emilywife Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
Where can I find older firmware versions so I can test that? I googled this but couldn't find a place that lists previous firmware downloads.
I'm in the same boat with my m65 rgb pro (see my thread).

Corsair doesn't keep a downloadable library of older firmwares, what rationale is behind this is beyond me.

If a fw update goes wrong, you're done. I had to buy a PS/2 mouse to regain control (notice that icue DOES NOT work with keyboard), and flash a very old fw which i had on my hd (can't even remember why or when i got it, but i've been lucky).

Old 12-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987603

You can open a ticket and request older firmware files.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 PM

POST ID # = 988759
LitLights Reputation: 10

Just want to chime in and say my Dark Core SE is doing this now too, is there any known fix?

Old 01-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Black Edition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988936

Just a quick update for you guys!

I did the following a couple of days day ago:

- Did a hard-reset to my mouse.
- Fully uninstalled iCUE and installed it again.
- Forced firmware update for the mouse.
- Created new profiles.
- Using a hardware profile instead of a software one.

So far things seem to be working ok and no double-clicking. Although I remember it did happen once or twice but i'll keep a close eye on this for the next days and reply back if anything changes.

This makes me think that it was either a software issue or maybe there was a break-in period for this mouse lol. You can't imagine how bad double clicking was in the first days of use!

Last edited by Black Edition; 01-09-2019 at 01:31 AM.