Corsair Community

LINK RAM detection/sync problem

clockworkblues

Hello I built a new system over the holidays, and have a predicament, well 2 that may be related.

I own a 32gb 4-stick kit of vengeance RGB ram but link doesn't recognize them all as from the same kit. The actual kit number is CMR32GX4M4C3000C15 and it recognizes three of my sticks as such, but one is recognized as a CMR16GX4M2C3000C15. Because of this I cannot group them together in LINK as a single lighting group. THis problem may also be causing my RAM RGBs to not be sequence, as I have noticed that when setting lighting effects that the lights arent sequenced in the right order. Is there anyway to fix this or is this a hardware problem? Thanks guys!

Xfe0Rs1.png

This is odd. Where did you purchase your kit? Could you also double check the labels on the modules to see if they match?

I purchased my kit from newegg (also sold by newegg) during the sale. I also did take the ram out and yes they all match showing CMR32GX4M4C3000C15, they are also all in sequential number serial number wise. Oh I also swapped the dimm showing 16 into slot 4 just so you know. I took a picture of them with the label showing if you need it.

EDIT: I checked my memory in CPU-Z and it recognizes my memory as CMR16GX4M2C3000C15. Not sure what is going on.I think this belongs in the memory section now, As it seems to be related to hardware more than software.

• Corsair Employee
Why Yes I am! I don’t run it when I’m not using it, but perhaps it’s background processes mess with it? Perhaps I should uninstall it?

AURA has been known to conflict with CLink. Give it a try and let us know if that changes things at all.

AURA has been known to conflict with CLink. Give it a try and let us know if that changes things at all.

So i uninstalled Aura Sync, and it still showed the same thing, then I uninstalled any other program that might interact with the memory still same thing, then I uninstalled corsair LINK, and CPU-Z still shows dimm 4 as being the wrong part number.

So i uninstalled Aura Sync, and it still showed the same thing, then I uninstalled any other program that might interact with the memory still same thing, then I uninstalled corsair LINK, and CPU-Z still shows dimm 4 as being the wrong part number.

So out of curiosity I booted to the UEFI and looked at the dimm information.

So this is DIMM #3 which reads exactly the same as the first three dimms normally: sOv9VMT.jpg?1

And this is Dimm 4 which reads incorrectly. FczkHtr.jpg?1

This leads me to believe this is a hardware level memory issue

Archived