Corsair Community

H100i / H100i GTX useful info

carb1de

Hi,

Owned an H100i until it sprung a leak a few days back. It's on RMA to the company who originally supplied it.

In the mean time I bought an H100i GTX. Easier to install, smaller footprint due to the pipes coming out of the top of the water block and is a lot quieter.

Big problem I did face was random BSODs with 00124 error code. From my overclocking experience, this normally points to too low a voltage. The only difference between the H100i and H100i GTX is that the former utilises power from a sata splitter connector, wheras the GTX powers two static pressure 120mm fans and the pump all from one single CPU mobo header.

Through fear this thing was going to burn out the header socket I bought one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/akasa-5-pwm-fans-from-single-pwm-header-cable-a96nl

(though do note other retailers are available)

after supplying the H100i GTX all the current it could need straight from the PSU, all my BSODs went away again.

In my honest opinion, it's a bad idea running this much electronics from a single mobo fan header, and for me, became a pretty obvious issue. The workaround is very cheap (if you buy from somewhere other than the above link :-p) and works perfectly - bios sees a cpu fan speed signal and all current is drawn through the sata/psu connector.

Just wanted to share my experience and hope it might help someone in the future if they ever google (other search engine providers are available) this issue after buying a corsair product powered solely from a mobo header.

Archived