The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 01:11 PM
CoilWinder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037180
CoilWinder Reputation: 11
Default Corsair Harpoon RGB sticky / initial lag after 30 seconds idle (SOLVED)

The mouse seemed to enter a standby mode after 30 seconds of inactivity. After that, you'd have to move it a greater distance before the pointer would move also. This was driving me a little nuts!

Luckily, a soft reset seems to have fixed the issue!

There's no iCUE for my OS (Linux Mint), but I had Window 10 on a laptop a few months back (not any longer). I am pretty sure I set the mouse to power saving mode back then (for wireless ofc). Apparently, this also applies even while using it wired (I haven't used this mouse for a few months, until now).

Just thought I'd post this here anyway. Plus, it's really a bug / oversight, and they should fix that.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:14 PM
CoilWinder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037288
CoilWinder Reputation: 11

Just an addendum.

Kinda spoke to soon. One on/off (computer standby off, not real off) cycle and one day later, it was back to another power saving mode, but this time after 10 seconds. And not as pronounced, I didn't have to move the mouse as much before the pointer also moved. But it was still noticeable.

Another soft reset fixed it. Again. Starting to see a pattern here..

EDIT:

Pattern holds.

It definately seems to revert to a "minor power save" mode after a computer reboot. By which I mean it has an ever so slight pause / lag after about 10 seconds of mouse inactivity. A mouse soft reset fixes it.
Apparently also a mouse power cycling (unplug / re-connect) seems to fix it.

I find the latter a bit odd as I thought the mouse was powerless upon shutting down / rebooting the computer (as mentioned, the "stand-by off", so maybe not, but the mouse RGB light is still off. Also, it's got a battery inside). So I'm a bit puzzled by that. But as long as it works.. Still, I'd prefer the non-power save mode setting to stick. Especially when using it as a wired mouse.

For what's it worth, I probably have firmware v. 0.6.70 (not sure as I can't see it in Linux afaik, it's from a note I made when I had Windows and iCUE).

Last edited by CoilWinder; 03-10-2020 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Elaborating the experience

Tags
lag, mouse, sticky, wired, wireless