The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Ataliano's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949935
Ataliano Reputation: 10
Default Some keys colors dimed

Hi guys,

I have a K70 LUX RGB (actually second one, first one had to RMA due to double-tapping issues with the switches).

This one is showing a issue I saw before on my first one, but on this one I'm not able to fix it by any means.

Some of my keys aren't displaying the proper color or either having a different light tone than other colours. The keys affected are:
A, M, Z

If I use white (only white, no other overlays nor anything else), A shows blue (very dimed), Z shows blue (lighter) and M is clearly yellow.

If I use i.e. dark blue tone, all keycaps looks good except of these 3 which shows the same tone but different light. With some colors is more noticeable with others being white the most.

I've updated CUE, have the latest firmware on my keyboard, and tried removing profiles, adding new ones, trying even with some other presets such as the rainbow and if you look close you can even notice in these, that these 3 keys have different colours.

The keyboard was RMA'd on December, and received on January, so it's almost brand new (got 3 months and something).

I've seen many other posts talking about this issue, but none of them leading to a solution, but just linking other similar posts, ending up in a bucle.

Does somebody reached a solution for this yet? Hope I don't need to RMA my KB again, since I have to pay the sending fees and it will be the second time...

White

White - Focus on A Z keys

White - Focus on M key

Blue - AZM keys dimed

Last edited by Ataliano; 04-12-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:16 PM
calmfocustruth

POST ID # = 949958
calmfocustruth Reputation: 10
Default K95 keys (9 and counting) are various shades of blue,... and only blue now

Gradually my keys are turning pale blue. Seems to be a common problem.
K95 is barley 18 mths old. So much for $200+ spend for quality : /

Old 04-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 950104
Corsair Lettuce Reputation: 10

Seems like the LED's could be failing under the pictured keys, go ahead and create a support ticket and our Technical support team will further assist you.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 950130
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Definitely contact support, they can try a manual flash of the firmware. If it's a second RMA of the same unit, you aren't responsible for the cost of shipping.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Lancas7er's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950145
Lancas7er Reputation: 10

I got my K70 RGB a few years ago, and yesterday it started displaying the wrong colors and randomly disconnecting and connecting (i heard the windows 10 notification sounds and then realized it was my keyboard). i tried to plug it holding the ESC key but didnt help.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 950777
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

The disconnecting might be physical if it's happening repeatedly. Is there noticeable damage to the cable where is connects to the keyboard?

Tags
dim, dim light