Corsair Community

ST100 Headphone Stand F/W Update

Thank you very much! Restart Windows 10 in safe mode with networking and update ST100 firmware, works for me in seconds.

Doeesnt work for me as I connect to the router via wi-fi ( router is on another floor). Is ther anyway to download the firmware to a pc in advance and then point iCUE to the firmware file?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the cord in the back of the ST100 RGB a faulty make anyway? I have not only the same problem with that cable, but a similar cable in an SSD portable drive for my PS4. The moment it gets loose either with the cable or the port it connects to (which is very easy to do), you can't secure a connection. If I move my stand at any time, it disconnects unless you put tape on it and it holds a specific position for the pins to connect to the base. This is just bad construction all around, and it isn't just Corsair that is using this BTW.

Restart windows 10 in safe mode, open up icue and install the firmware. It took like 20 minutes on mine to finish but it worked.

I remembered that last time my scimitar mouse would not update its firmware, support had me do it in safe mode.

I have been having the same problem as others on this thread. This has helped me. Thank you.

I have gone into Safe Mode to install the latest update (v.0.04.106) and it worked, but the ST100 RGB is still randomly restarting.

This is becoming annoying now, I connect my headset to it, and my headset disconnects whenever the stand restarts.

@Corsair, is there an investigation for this to be looked at and fixed? This has gone for too long now.

I've forward all of the information you guys provided to our development team to review, including the log and Safe Mode workaround. We'll keep you posted on updates to this bug.

Thanks Nick,

Please let us know when you have any updates, I've had my headset stand plugged out for months now, would like to plug it back and use it like I did before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Add one more to the list of workarounds. While normally logged in Win10, update fails. Boot to safe mode, FW gets updated relatively quick, no issues at all. May want to add this as a note on the FW update button and/or remove it until there's a fix for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any update on a fix for this? I did the safe mode workaround and it works in updating it but then I go out of safe mode and back to normal, it's back to the other version and asks me to update, then it restarts and it's up to date, then it restarts again and it's back to the other version and the cycle keeps going. It does this every 20-30 minutes and when it does, it freezes my PC for 1 second which is annoying.

I had to plug this device out since it seems to be doing harm and being an inconvenience to my setup.

I'm currently on the latest Widows 10 and iCUE version.

Any update on a fix for this? I did the safe mode workaround and it works in updating it but then I go out of safe mode and back to normal, it's back to the other version and asks me to update, then it restarts and it's up to date, then it restarts again and it's back to the other version and the cycle keeps going. It does this every 20-30 minutes and when it does, it freezes my PC for 1 second which is annoying.

I had to plug this device out since it seems to be doing harm and being an inconvenience to my setup.

I'm currently on the latest Widows 10 and iCUE version.

I'm having the same issue.:mad: I've tried doing it through safe mode and it tells me its updated, but when I go back to normal mode, it tells me that I have an update, like it wasn't done before.:confused: It's getting annoying for something that shouldn't be so much of a hassle. I unplugged it also until there's a fix.:(: If someone resolves this issue, please respond.

I'm having the same issue.:mad: I've tried doing it through safe mode and it tells me its updated, but when I go back to normal mode, it tells me that I have an update, like it wasn't done before.:confused: It's getting annoying for something that shouldn't be so much of a hassle. I unplugged it also until there's a fix.:(: If someone resolves this issue, please respond.

@Corsair Nick, please advise us if the issue has been found and a solution is in the works please?

This stand is forcing me from not purchasing the LT100 since I'm afraid of having the same issue.

This issue is extremely annoying, every single time it restarts, it freezes the PC for a second, it's just so frustrating. I'd like to use this stand as normal where I plug my headphones into this but I can't, whenever it restarts it affects the headphones and also the PC.

• 2 months later...
same here firmware changes from 0.04.106 back to 0.04.... dont know when this happens... but there is also a problem with the dongle from my headset (corsair virtuoso) if i put it in the lt100 port (wierd roboter voice when im speakin)... on a normal port on my pc the headset works just fine

• 1 month later...

push! any news?

same here firmware changes from 0.04.106 back to 0.04.... dont know when this happens... but there is also a problem with the dongle from my headset (corsair virtuoso) if i put it in the lt100 port (wierd roboter voice when im speakin)... on a normal port on my pc the headset works just fine

• 1 month later...

I've been having issues with ST100 for weeks: random disconnections and failing when updating to firmware 0.04.106.

Rebooting windows in safe mode worked for me, I hope disconnection is fixed too.

Please Corsair, give some info and changelog with firmware updates (not only ST100). A device firmwre update is always risky, I'd like to know for what I'm riskying...

Edit:

iCue 3.38.61

Win10 19042.867

Edited by iosonobenny

• 1 month later...

Bought mine a few days ago with the virtuoso, still having the same problems, it's really annoying that nobody cares about that problem, i regret buying the ST100 not usable in it's actual state!!!

• Corsair Employee
Bought mine a few days ago with the virtuoso, still having the same problems, it's really annoying that nobody cares about that problem, i regret buying the ST100 not usable in it's actual state!!!

What version of iCUE are you using? With iCUE v4.11.274, the ST100 RGB's current firmware is v.0.04.106.

What version of iCUE are you using? With iCUE v4.11.274, the ST100 RGB's current firmware is v.0.04.106.

I have been having this issue for about a year now but I installed v4.11.274 yesterday to see if it would fix it but it hasn't. Today when I booted my PC, iCUE says there is an update for the ST100 available (v.0.04.106) and has reverted back to v.0.04.

Restarting iCUE or rebooting can sometimes 'resolve' the issue but you are usually only one iCUE crash or restart away from the firmware reverting back to v.0.04.

I have tried all the tips in the multiple threads on this forum about this but nothing seems to work which leads me to the conclusion that iCUE isn't reading the firmware correctly or that the ST100 is flawed and needs to be recalled.

Edited by pondandinio

• Corsair Employee
I have been having this issue for about a year now but I installed v4.11.274 yesterday to see if it would fix it but it hasn't. Today when I booted my PC, iCUE says there is an update for the ST100 available (v.0.04.106) and has reverted back to v.0.04.

Restarting iCUE or rebooting can sometimes 'resolve' the issue but you are usually only one iCUE crash or restart away from the firmware reverting back to v.0.04.

I have tried all the tips in the multiple threads on this forum about this but nothing seems to work which leads me to the conclusion that iCUE isn't reading the firmware correctly or that the ST100 is flawed and needs to be recalled.

Please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will look into this and help troubleshoot.

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, Scavenger84 said:

hi i have been getting a firmware update every other day i install it but dosent take and asks me again in few days?

software

ICUE V4.11,274

ST100 V0.04 installed V0.4.106 available

same here... over a year now and no change - icue is up to date....everything else also

msg appears every day... it doesn't matter if i try to install the update...

• 9 months later...

So, something I noticed today after struggling with this myself for years (safe mode doesn't change anything), I noticed when I have iCue open (latest version at v. 4.24.193), I see that the ST100 version is at v. 0.04 and that there is an update available (v. 0.04.106)

Now, *without* updating, I simply plug the ST100 to a USB2 port instead, the ST100's current version changes to  v. 0.04.106

Again, *without* updating, I change back the ST100 to a USB3 port, the ST100's current version changes back to  v. 0.04 and a popup appears in iCue to say that there is a new version available 0.04.106

So, from what I can tell, it seems to be some type of "rounding" error that happens when reading the version of the ST100 when it's plugged in a USB3 port but is OK when plugged on older USB2-type ports

Edited by TheMaskedShadow

Does anyone know how to fix the problem for the ST100 RGB firmware v.0.4.106 to stop looping to update, every time I unlock my PC.  Even when it goes to sleep & I wake it up, the firmware has to update again.  Why, when I have done it so many times already???  It's getting frustrating & I'm thinking of asking my money back if this product if it continues to do so.  PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ALREADY!!!