Corsair Community

Can you install 6 LL120's to the node core in the 220t

electroPC

I have a 220t and thought i could just plop in 3 more rgb fans given those empty slots on my node core, but man its complicated.

I dont really want to go the dual node route because the back of the 220t is small and I want to keep cables down. Same with the commander pro.

So can I put 6 LL120's in the node core instead? (without having to add anything else)

If not I guess I'll just add 3 more sp120 pros. (for a total of 6, on the 220t's node core) You can do this without having to add anything else, right?

Thanks for any help, really appreciate it.

Yes, you can use 6 LL with the Core device. With the exception of the original "SP-RGB", all the other fans (HD, ML, LL, QL, SP-Pro, SP-Elite, ML-Elite) can use any of the RGB Lighting hub or Core devices for power.

Adding 3 more SP-RGB will also work. The LN Core is controller and power in 1 box, for fans only. That is all you need for 1-6 fans.

That said, if you compare prices and see the triple pack of LL120 is the same as 3 "single" 120s, get the triple pack and save the extra LNP + RGB hub. Those may have value later and can be used for multiple things. I was surprised to see a drastically lower per unit cost with the multi-pack when I checked the price just now.