Corsair Community

H100i v2 - Low Fan and Pump Speed

Kantoweru

Hey all,

New poster on here as I just built my first computer - wanted to ask a couple questions about my new H100i v2 as I've read their expected pump RPM is around 2800 and the fans are supposed to be loud.

I have the opposite problem - Corsair Link 4 is showing an RPM speed of around 1200 and a single fan speed of around 650.

First, is it normal to only have one fan speed in Corsair Link for the H100i v2?

Second, what is the reason that my pump and fan speeds would be so low compared to what I hear is normal? Most people say the pump and fans are super loud - but I can hardly hear them. I have a Corsair ML 120 fan on the back of my case and it is much louder than the pump's fans.

With that said, I haven't noticed any temperature issues. I'm not at home right now so I can't link my CL4 stats, but my cpu temperatures sit around 30 degrees when idling/browsing facebook and get up around 40-45 while gaming or doing intensive things.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Keep in mind I'm new and will need clear directions if you have something I should try out as I likely won't understand any difficult jargon.

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? Given the pump speed of 1200 then I suspect not and you need to.

Yes, The H100iV2 only has one fan controller so can only report one speed. Both fans should be running at the same speed.

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? Given the pump speed of 1200 then I suspect not and you need to.

Yes, The H100iV2 only has one fan controller so can only report one speed. Both fans should be running at the same speed.

I will have to check when I get home as I am not completely sure. When I was originally building the computer it wouldn't boot up because it was detecting "low fan speed" from the CPU_FAN. I played around with the BIOS and disabled something to get the computer to boot up, but I forget what.

Just to confirm so I can check when I get home. Where in the Asus BIOS can I disable the CPU_FAN header fan control? I'm not exactly confident touching stuff in the BIOS in fear of causing a nuclear meltdown of my precious new computer.

Edit: Just remembered that I think I still have Q-Fan enabled as we "ignored" the lower fan speed limit to get past the start up error. So I should be disabling Q-Fan altogether?

Yes. The H100iV2 needs to get a constant +12 volts and if it doesn't lots of strange things happen.

Okay, so I couldn't find a way to disable Q-Control, but I did set the CPU FAN to give 100% at all times. I now can control fan and pump performance in Corsair Link (I couldn't before) and the pump is up at 2950 RPM on performance mode and at 2000 RPM on silent.

This creates a new question for me now though - Corsair Link is showing me an extra fan that I am unaware of. I'll attach a screenshot to show you what it is showing.

I currently have the H100i v2 and its two fans. The two fan leads are attached to the fan header provided by the water pump - This fan should be the one labelled H100i v2 fan (this was reading 0 RPM before I changed the CPU FAN to 100% in the UEFI settings).

I have a ML 120 fan that is showing as MB #2 fan at the back of the case which is correct.

I have two case fans that are attached to the external fan controller on the case and I don't believe they show in Corsair Link.

But there is an extra fan showing in Corsair Link as MB Fan #1 (I have it next to the H100i v2 setup as I originally though THAT was the water pump fan). I don't know where the system is getting that reading from or which fan its getting that reading from.

Any ideas?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2571/GNtOg9.png

Good, all as 100% is fine.

That is the same fan as the H100iV2 fan and should change as you change the H100iV2 fan speed, does it.

BTW it's best to post the CL [Home] tab as it's easier to see what is reported.

Here is the home page: http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9941/2HiH2M.png

My confusion is that CL is showing 3 fan speeds when it should only be showing me 2 (I think). I don't know what fan #1 is. Fan #2 is my ML 120 exhaust fan but other than the liquid cooler fans (which it shows in the other section) and my top exhaust fans which are connected to the external fan controller and shouldn't show up in CL - I have no idea what fan it is showing me.

Archived