Corsair Community

My K55 RGB KeyBoard doesnt light up.

sulumni

My K55 RGB KeyBoard hasn't been lighting up for about a few months now and I figured it was nothing so I just let it not light up. Now, since it's summer I stay up later and it's kinda hard to see which keys I'm pressing in the dark. Previously the RGB helped with this. I tried plugging and unplugging it holding ESC. Then I did it holding FN and F4. I opened iCUE up and updated it. It is still not showing lights. I've also clicked the little sun looking light button. Nothing works and the lights wont show. How can I fix this?

I just had this happen today on my k55 after booting up my PC. Keyboard works fine just no more RGB.

What did the trick for me was going into icue, keyboard was indeed picked up by icue, then clicked on my k55 image there and on the left side of my screen clicked on the lighting tab, the one just below the "action" tab and deleting the "rainbow effect" in that tab.

Then I just chose another effect there and poof it started working again, I was able to choose rainbow effect again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
My K55 stopped lighting up after installing the Win 10 2004 update. Using iCUE allowed me to activate the lights. FN keyboard combinations do not work.

If iCUE is running this is normal as iCUE profies takes precedence over hardware profiles. The FN keys to change colors are hardware lighting settings.