Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro GPU overheating issue. Please help.

Pepsicubere

Hi. I`ve got a Corsair one Pro (Intel i7-7700K, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti) about 1 year ago, used especially for gaming. At the beginning, I watched only out of curiosity Corsair Link reports. I was very impressed by the quietness of the system during the games. As far as I remeber, at that time, GPU temperature values were in range of 50-60 degrees Celsius during gaming, and fan noise was very low. But used to it, I didn`t checked GPU temp because nothing suggested a change...no increased fan noise, no crashes, nothing at all.

But few days ago, I`ve got some issues with my system (some malware or virus suspected) and I decided to reinstall Windows. Everything by the book, but didn`t expected what followed. Suddenly, immediately after I started to play the first game, the noise made by the fans was significantly increased. Of course, I suspected an overheat of GPU and indeed, from that moment I noticed that GPU range temperatures during gaming or various stress tests are between 75-85 Celsius degrees. The cooling system seems to work well, because almost instantly GPU temperature goes down from about 80 to 25-30 degrees, after I stop a GPU stress test or close a game. On idle, temp is 25-30 degrees, ambient temp about 21-23 degrees. So, all reasons to consider that OK.

I decided to open case, I blew air for dust remove, even was not present, checked for any water leaks on cooling system (obvious that that wasn't a problem but I checked this too), I repasted both GPU and CPU (thermal paste on both appeared to be OK).

Even so, after other 2 fresh Windows installations, because I continued to suspect some software issue, the described problem still persist.

I just did a stress test with Uningine Heaven and I attached results. Peak temp for GPU was 82 deg.C

So, I need help to understand...after all, 75-85 Celsius degrees under gaming on extreme graphic settings or stress tests is OK for Corsair One and all the problem is only in my mind, or is really an overheating issue? In that case, any suggestion, please?

My Corsair specs:

SKU CS-9000009-NA/RF

CORSAIR ONE PRO Compact Gaming PC — Intel Core i7-7700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4-2400, 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD

1266004963_90BC4F91-36EA-44A4-8FB6-E13925349C86.png.thumb.jpg.726b0be3bd24a5e068d664efe60dade1.jpg

Stress test table.pdf

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Meantime I understand what happened. It`s all related to Corsair Link somehow. Some conflicts with Windows 10, or something like that. As I mentioned that doesn`t happened before, to have such temperatures and loud fan noise, all time I owned this computer.

I uninstalled Corsair Link and I succeed to manage all with MSI Afterburner. Now all is perfect, as before. All I needed to do was to undervolt the GPU, wich I think that was done by CLink in a similar way, based on some algorithms, related with involved apps. No performance lost, and when I do a stress test or in game, is almost not noise at all from fans. And the temperature is now never above 60C!. Like before.

All can be seen as a proof on attached benchmark tests. For me it was a good and nice solving.

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_7483_1588455693.thumb.png.1091007e080cb1043b8efd218d9aa6a3.png

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_7488_1588450017.thumb.png.b7bf6f4b0809377285b1b7ac10bcb60c.png